Remember the OKC bombing April 19th.

by awildflower 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• awildflower
    awildflower

I wasn't living in Okc at the time but my in laws are so we would come visit often. I remember that year we had been here two weeks before it had happened. My father-in-law was scheduled for a 9am appointment in that building on that very morning and at the last minute the day before was rescheduled for a different place to be but down town in the same area. At his appointment he and his wife felt the blast and was right in the middle of all of it. Now that I live here, we've been to the OKC Memorial Site. It's quite the site. Can't believe it's been so long already. Very tragic.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I was there, within 2 hours, working with the red cross trauma unit from dallas!

Still have nightmares!

The victims and their families are in my heart!

• awildflower
  • Think About It
    Think About It

Wow, very lucky for him. I remember that day clearly. Had reconnected with a cousin and took him & his wife out to dinner. The bombing had happened earlier and we talked about it.

Think About It

• awildflower
    awildflower

Crazyblondeb, have you been to the Memorial site? It's unreal what one man with an agenda can do on this planet.

In the video the tree you see in one of the frames, actually survived the blast. The writing behind it on the wall, if you can see it, was written that day and is still there.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Yeah Think, that was just to close for comfort. Those kids died in the basement daycare.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

No, i haven't had the chance...I really want to this summer.

I think it would help alot!

• awildflower
    awildflower

I'm sorry about your struggle with it. They did a really good job with the Memorial.

• crapola
    crapola

That was the most awful thing that I have seen happen in this state ever. I cried for days as I watched the coverage on the news. It's hard to believe it has been 15 years!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

It was awful, and over the years, my struggle has lessened. My birthday is tomorrow, the day before...this time of

year, it haunts me....But it has gotten better! I can't wait to see the memorial...I couldn't bring myself to watch

the video!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit