I just watched The Matrix last night...

by doublelife 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

1984 as well.

• poppers
    poppers

I think Pleasentville is another movie ex-jw's could benefit from watching

Glad you mentioned it because it's the first thing I thought of about "waking up" other than The Matrix.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Did they make a movie about 1984 or is it only a book?

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Movies that remind me of the Borg:

The Matrix

Star Trek, First Contact-the Borg in all their glory...you'll see why it's an apt description

Pleasantville

Children of the Corn

The Village

The Stepford Wives

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

• Twitch
    Twitch

Great flick, with many parallels to the experience of leaving

1984 was made into a movie in 1985. Production delays,....;)

• doublelife
    doublelife

mindmelda: Thanks for adding some more movies to the lists of movie I need to watch.

Twitch: Thanks for the information.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Here is an interesting article on "Matrix Philosophy".

http://www.arrod.co.uk/essays/matrix.php

Judge Dread

• doublelife
    doublelife

Judge Dread: I just read the article. Interesting...thanks.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I was just thinking about this movie the other day. I was thinking about the character Cypher - he wants back into the Matrix and to forget reality - I couldn't help but relate to this pondering my recent final realization the I have been a part of a cult for the past two + decades. I haven't been treated poorly, I have good friends, I have children who have great relationships with others in the congregation, we love our congregation ... realizing the difficult road ahead of me, I can't help but be envious of those who have had long happy lives as oblivious JW's ... there is no going back.

I am drawn to return to this website throughout the day. I notice some have been here for years and years. It seems like people just can't move on. Will I be able to? Does the Watchtower remain an obsession? Damn me! Why did I ever get into it!? ... Welcome to the Hotel California ... you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Actually "1984" was released in 1984 (in the US). I saw it and have the LP of the soundtrack by the Eurythmics. There a 1954 BBC production of "1984" on Youtube too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hATC_2I1wZE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit