Theocratic Terms/Slang - Old and New

by pirata 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• happy1975
    happy1975

What's the deal with no holding hands during prayer? Are you guys serious about that one?

-Happy

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"What's the deal with no holding hands during prayer? Are you guys serious about that one?"

Oh yeah, that is a recent WT study article. Blondie can tell you the exact one.

• happy1975
    happy1975

REALLY??? Blondie, can you help? I'd love to read about how they justify THAT!

-Happy

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

I'm not Blondie, but check this: http://www.freeminds.org/blogs/watchtower-comments/prayer-hands.html

" The Watchtower November 15, 2009, pages 6 & 7"

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Rendezvous = Meeting for field service

Approved associate = Unbaptized Publisher

Disfellowshipped = "No longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Servant to the brethren = Congregation Servant = Elder

Bookstudy Servant = Elder

• happy1975
    happy1975

Thanks A.Fenderson!!

: ) Happy

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"I have always thought that a number of the upper level at the society knew Freddy was crazy and minimalized him just like he and Knorr had to do with Rutherford years earlier. Freddy didn't like it, either."

Not to hijack but could this also be the root motive of the 1980 Inquisition that ousted Freddy's nephew, Ray Franz? It really didn't make ANY sense for the other GB members to go nuts like that unless they feared losing/sharing power.

Back on topic: Field Service or Field Ministry? They go back and forth on that one.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    Do you remember when the "Our Kingdom Ministry" was changed to "Our Kingdom Service" and then back to "Our Kingdom Ministry"?

Before "Kingdom Ministry" it was "Informant."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit