Don't buy anything at the meat market or yard sales or else you could turn out like me?

by dissed 43 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

I don't know how this happened and how they met, but a relative, a JW elder and my old PO talked about us leaving the WTS. (He said this to my wife)

They reasoned, how could someone, who was a Pioneer, Bethelite, worked at the RBC, District and Circuit level, taught at the Pioneer School, helped dozens to Baptism, suddenly and inexplicably, leave Jehovah's organization?

The reason as my old PO speculated? We collected 'old things' from yard sales. He was always worried that we were bringing the demons into our lives as we searched yard sales for bargains on 'old stuff'. Our house and garage were full of yard sale deals. Of course, he had purchased a used car, but apparently that was different. Where Tuperware and dishes contained 'legions' of demons, old cars had Jehovah's wall of invisible protection that even the most die harded, car loving demon couldn't penetrate.

So let me get this straight, we left the 'truth' not because we questioned something, but the demons made us leave. Sort of like when Lydia 'just made' the Apostles come into her house, but only in reverse. We had no choice, we couldn't help ourselves. Where Jehovah, the Bible and God's spirit lead us into the 'truth'. Tuperware led us away. They were powerless to save us. The Omnipotent one, was impotent when it comes to yard sales.

Not to go off my own topic here, but why is it Jehovah God the Almighty, the one who can part the Red Sea, can so easily part with his servants over cheap junk? Doesn't he care enough about his loyal servants, to protect them from perverted demons that try and sneak into your house and lives, sealed in an old piece of Tuperware?

We are not talking about 'knowingly' purchasing used Ouiji boards and old Tarrot Cards, in effect teasing and inviting the demons into your lives. But everyday, common items, that could save a person some money over new ones. Maybe even allowing us to spend more time in Jehovah's service. And this is how He rewards us?! With demon possesion, and suppossedly ruined lives.

Silly isn't it, on how the JW's are explaining not just us leaving their organization, but thousands of others. They can't offer a rational explanation as to why people would leave their version of the 'truth'. So they invent one. It was the demons, THAT'S IT! the demons! Of course, it conveniently demonizes the one who left, putting fear into the hearts of other JW's. "Don't go near him! He's....he's....he's....DEMONIZED!!!"

So, lurkers, truth seeking ones. If you don't want to turn out like us........Don't purchase anything from a yard sale!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dude, I'm so sorry the demunz got ya although you probably save a small fortune on pea soup.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Those people can get nuts with that kind of stuff. They are so conditioned that there can't be anything wrong with the Org, so it must be something else causing people to leave. You had some very good logic points.

Think About It

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

My dad said that to me when I was attempting to 'defend' my decision NOT to return to the org! He told me that I needed to read Cof C and ask myself WHY a Bethelite and Member of the Gov Body would LEAVE the org and write a book about it???? I just LAUGHED cause I 'get it' now, i see how a person can be wrapped up in a religion for years and not see the real deal - like I was. Its takes a 'situation' for the blinders to come off...

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Where Tuperware and dishes contained 'legions' of demons, old cars had Jehovah's wall of invisible protection that even the most die harded, car loving demon couldn't penetrate.

What if the old car was actually a Dodge Demon?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wonder if the yard or garage sale and flea market rumors of demonism were started because those events primarily take place on weekends when the Borg wants members in recruiting and meetings.

It does make more sense that a demon would want to inhabit the used car and abandon the lounge chair. I mean... he gets to travel around and meet others.

• ballistic
    ballistic

When you start going to yard sales (or car boot sales as we have in England) strange things do start to happen indeed. It starts very inciduously with small collections of CDs and DVDs, collectables of various kinds and before you know it you completely run out of cupboard space. Eventually entire rooms and garages get swallowed up until there is no more space left for JW books or literature. Don't say I haven't warned you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Never under estimate a JW`s Ability to be Stupid..

Jehovah`s Witness`s are trained to be Stupid by the WBT$..

Stupid is a Virtue,in Watchtower World..

This is a "WBT$ Stupid Training Camp"..

Where Jehovah`s Witness`s are Trained to be Stupid..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• JWoods
    JWoods

Remember when they said Christmas was demonized because Santa Claus had a RED SUIT - thus he was dressed like the devil.

They may not do this much any more, but it really was repeated over and over in public talks back in the 1960s.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Remember Brothers and Sisters Santa is the devil. He wears a red suit and all you have to do is move the letter n from Santa and place it at the end and what do you have????

CHURCH LADY GO AHEAD AND SAY IT........SATAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit