I'm Alone

by ~Jen~ 15 Replies latest jw friends

• peaches
    peaches

you know whats worse than being alone?????........being with the wrong person

you know whats worse than being with the wrong person????????......being involved with an organization that will make that wrong person feel like a saint to you....

you know what being with the wrong person and being involved with the wrong organization equals+++ suicide

one day at a time....it feels like forever....but eventually it will slowly get better....big hugs....

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I feel for ya Jen..I know what you are going thru to an extent..

• sd-7
    sd-7

This one particularly struck me, as I have felt a lot like you. I chose to marry my JW ex, and well, we've had one heck of a struggle, as she still believes in it and sold me up the river to be DF'd, but...if I had it to do over, I'd have taken my time. I also had another awful woman trying to manipulate me. I didn't handle either situation well, certainly not in the way that would have been healthiest for me.

Take it from someone who's been there: DO NOT GO BACK TO EITHER ONE OF THESE PEOPLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. YOU WILL REGRET YOUR DECISION. Please. Take it from someone who knows.

Loneliness is something I've struggled with, too. Perhaps it motivated my throwing myself into abusive relationships--and I'm the male, here, but obviously not a very strong or self-assured one. So I get it. That may factor in, if I may be so bold; I hope I don't offend you in saying that. But you clearly need some time facing the mirror and fighting your inner demons, working on yourself and coping with your pains. You can find good friends who will help you in that process. But don't look for a lover to do that for you. It's just not the time for it. It is tempting, but please, please don't let your emotions leave you open to getting used or abused.

Feel free to send me a private message--I'll be glad to talk further and be your friend as well, if you want. Wish you the best.

-sd-7

• ~Jen~
    ~Jen~

Thank you sd-7, I appreciate you telling me what you've been through. I think I've finally realized that I DO need to be alone and get myself together before I can ever meet anyone who will be right for me. It's just getting to the point where I can let go of my insecurities and be confident that I CAN do it on my own, you know?

• Kum Vulcan
    Kum Vulcan

Jen, you mentioned you've got the kids. Don't underestimate the emotional power kids hold. Make sure they are taken care of and everything else will fall in its place. Promise!

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Hei, Jen,

if your departing from your husband has anything to do with the fact that he is still a JW and you are out, and provided you still have a measure of feeling for him, my opinion is that the difference is not worth breaking a marriage and you must not let a religion split your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit