All Aircraft grounded in the UK, France, Holland and Denmark

by llbh 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

My hubby is happy because he's doesn't have to go to work today... He works at the airport in Holland! :D

• JWoods
    JWoods

This was a very reasonable order - in the past, several large jets caught in volcanic eruption dust have suffered engine malfunction and barely recovered - such as this 747 over Indonesia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways_Flight_9

• Robdar
    Robdar

Heh, my boss is caught over there on a globe trot. Hope he took enough money because London is expensive.

• llbh
    llbh

At least he gets more pounds for his dollars. I know of two people unable to get home, one is in Mauritius mad another in The Canaries. There are lots of people stranded here too. No flying till tommorow at the earliest. Ryanair, our biggest low cost airline will not fly till Monday at the least. Flights in Italy are affected too. The railways are very very busy. David

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Well I hope this clears off soon as I fly to Egypt on Wednesday for a cruise down the Nile - If it don't turn to blood that is!

• SacrificialLoon
  • Quillsky
    Quillsky

I guess when the inspirer of the Bible mentioned earthquakes he forgot about volcanoes.

• llbh
    llbh

There are still no aircraft flying in The UK and much of Europe, this is quite serious and is affecting many people. There are lots of people stranded all over the world and has come at a very busy holiday time. The Formula One teams are stranded on China as well. Our largest Airline - Ryanair - is not contemplating flying till next weekend apparently.

There are Americans and Canadians stranded over here too, unable to return.

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit