All Aircraft grounded in the UK, France, Holland and Denmark

by llbh 17 Replies latest jw friends

• llbh
    llbh

Because of a large plume of dust being blown to the UK by a volcanic eruption in Iceland all Aircraft in the UK and beyond have been grounded, no airplanes are flying at all, they will not be flying till tommorow at the earliest , and then maybe not. Apparently the dust can cause engines to stall, which has happened before.

Heathrow is the busiest international airport in the world, and second busiest overall, the dislocation of passengers all over the world is massive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/default.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/volcanic-ash-cloud-from-iceland-grounds-all-uk-flights-1945547.html

David

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Madness eh? It shows how much we are at the mercy of mother nature.

Did you watch the debate tonight David?

• llbh
    llbh

No I missed them, what was your impression?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I agree with the consensus that Nick Clegg came out best. It was interesting and I will be tuning in to the next two.

• llbh
    llbh

OK, will look at next time.

I live near Luton Airport, and there are planes often overhead, planes from Heathrow often fly at 10,000 ft over here, it is weird not see them in the sky.

Apparently the rail services to the continent are really busy, surprise!

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Debate was good actually - better than I expected.

Nick Clegg did come across better, I was disappointed in David Cameron, Gordon brown was not much better.

Its got hung parliament written all over it.

The flights being grounded is unprecedented. I live nearish to glasgow airport - I would usually hear planes overhead every few minutes - total silent now.

Is it the beginning of Armageddon.

Are these the signs in Sun and moon and stars?

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

and 8 airports in the north of Germany as well!

Vivalavida

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Flights to Europe are also being grounded.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

It's bliss. I think we should close the airspace everywhere one day per week.

• Kum Vulcan
    Kum Vulcan

A sign of the time folks. You better step up your field ministry hours :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit