Holy spirit reveals stuff through GB--July 15, 2010 WT

by sd-7 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

I am no longer surprised by what the sheep will put up with. When the 1995 generation change came up I'd been out for seven years. I fully expected everybody to wake up, smell the coffee and leave. This nonsense has gotten worse since then, and most of them just seem to sit there and nod like it all makes sense.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Exactly what "deep truths" previously not understood are they talking about? Practically every new doctrine, creed and policy since the GB began in the 1950's is either contentious or blatantly unscriptural. Take the "Revelation - It's Grand Climax at Hand" book. If that is an example of the "deep truths" they are talking about then I really do pity them. You will never read a bigger pile of religious eisegesistic, ego-centric, crap-trap in your life.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

The really sad thing about this whole debacle is that the average JW has such a limited understanding of his own JW theology, so much so that he cannot even see how this slowly morphing teaching undermines so many planks of JW doctrine. What a shame.Still, it makes sense from the internal politics of the organisation - the Governing Body have to avoid being hoisted on their own petard.

PP

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It is all a head game. The doctrine is secondary at best. It is all about perpetuating the needs of the organization by controlling the members.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Seemingly more proof that the Governing Body has been strategizing their new light for some time.

This pretty much matches the point from notes taken during S. Lett's talk at the annual meeting...

Not all anointed are F&DS. New thought as to: F&DS - Small group of anointed Christians, living at Head Quarters, during Christ's presence, who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritualfood.

July 15, 2010 Watchtower

When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of “the faithful and discreet slave” at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:13) The Governing Body as a whole considers adjusted explanations. (Acts 15:6)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit