Holy spirit reveals stuff through GB--July 15, 2010 WT

by sd-7 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

July 15, 2010 WT page 22, 23:

Would all anointed Christians “shine”?

In a sense, yes, for all Christians would participate

in preaching, in disciple making,

and in building one another up at meetings.

Anointed ones would set the example.

(Zech. 8:23) In addition to this, however,

deep things were to be revealed during the

time of the end. The very prophecy Daniel

recorded was “sealed up” until that time.

(Dan. 12:9) How and through whom would

the spirit search into these deep things?

When the time comes to clarify a spiritual

matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible

representatives of “the faithful

and discreet slave” at world headquarters to

discern deep truths that were not previously

understood. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:13) The

Governing Body as a whole considers adjusted

explanations. (Acts 15:6) What they

learn, they publish for the benefit of all.

(Matt.10:27) As time goes on, further clarifications

may be needed, and these too are

honestly explained.

--This article makes abundantly clear that only the Governing Body receives clarification from the holy spirit. Ultimately, anyone else, even other anointed ones, no matter what understanding they THINK they have, cannot have received it from holy spirit if it does not agree with the Governing Body.

Of course, my first thought is the use of the term 'clarification' here. An example of a clarification is as follows: Your spouse asks you to, "Go to the store." A clarification of that statement would be, "Go to Jim's Warehouse Store, the one on 55 Ross Street." It would not be a clarification if your spouse said, "Don't ever go to the store again. Ever." That would be the exact opposite of the first instruction, which was to go to the store. Right? Same with 'adjusted explanations'. If a screw is out of place in your engine, maybe you take it out or screw it in properly, but you don't destroy the engine altogether. But often these 'adjusted explanations' do just that with the previously held belief--they render it completely false, they throw it out altogether.

Did holy spirit at any point ever lead the apostles in Jerusalem to a false conclusion, which they then directed all other Christians to follow without question? If anyone can post a scripture here to support that, by all means do so, but...I imagine you might have some trouble with that.

This quote from the Watchtower--a future study article--demolishes people who can come here and claim that they don't recognize the faithful slave class and yet are still Jehovah's Witnesses. To say that is essentially to say the holy spirit doesn't operate through them at all. To say that Jesus did not anoint them and therefore probably hasn't even been invisibly present since 1914. I was expelled for saying just that, not for believing in the Trinity or something like that, but simply for not recognizing the faithful slave. The above quote is why said recognition is so critical.

One last thought--the statement that these adjustments in belief are "honestly explained". Having read the two Questions From Readers, the one banning organ transplants and then the one allowing them, I didn't see a mention of the previous dogmatic belief published that organ transplants were cannibalism. Is that honest? Someone who came in after the ban and read that might never know it had been banned previously. Granted, yes, references to previous understandings have been made. The other problem however is that honestly explaining that, gee, remember that belief? Uh, it's not true, at all, here's a new one--that tends to create a separate issue. Would JWs excuse any other religion for honest adjustments in their belief system? Not bloody likely. It would be more evidence of men being 'led hither and thither by every teaching'.

It reached a point, in my experience, that JWs were constantly expecting and not surprised by the 'new understanding' of this that or the other. Anytime you have to write a new song book to keep up with your newest doctrine, that should be a warning sign that you've got a lot that ain't right going on. (Although I have to mention that several of the songs had no doctrinal problems in them at all--they were changed to insert the 'faithful slave' into the song or to remove any negative thoughts from the song [ie. the possibility of the faithful slave being imperfect or of people rejecting the door-to-door message].)

I just felt a need to post on that. I'll be quiet now.

sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

holy spirit helps responsible

understood.

Another factor--holy spirit apparently helps the 'faithful slave' to discern deep truths that WERE previously understood and then discarded as false. How does THAT work? (sigh)

There are days I think of going back--been meeting-free since March 28th--but...can I really withstand this kind of stuff again?

• JWoods
    JWoods

I think that eventually the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" will be spelled out as actually meaning the "Governing Body" - not the annointed.

This is a good step in that direction.

Remember - they used to say that annointed all over the earth would write in new light all at once and then the society would consider it. Nothing like that here - just the holy men at headquarters get the new light now.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's as if they're ON PURPOSE trying to see just how far they can go. It's INSANITY.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Sorry--that one turned out badly. Quote:

"Holy spirit helps responsible representatives of "the faithful and discreet slave" at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood."

Yet, holy spirit apparently helps them discern deep truths that WERE previously understood, as well. How do they square that reality?

There are moments when I think of going back, but can I really tolerate this kind of reasoning?

Good point, JWoods. I would think they would've spelled it out by now that they ARE the faithful slave. It becomes pointless to classify themselves as merely representing it if all the other members have no authority to teach any doctrine on their own.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

What I just don't understand, and I have spoken with my mom about it is, how the GB can claim to receive things from the holy spirit, but need to constantly clarify (change) things. I mean, it's Jah's HS, which means the message should be true, understandable. Where exactly is the breakdown in this chain? I mean, somebody in the process must be dumb. Why wouldn't the message be clear the first time?

"holy spirit helps responsible

understood.'

When are they going to print how exactly these "responsible" reps are getting these messages?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's utter hogwash. They might pray to their Jewish volcano god for guidance but it still boils down to a 2/3 majority vote of the members.

They suck. There is no redeeming quality about this organization.

BTW, I somehow doubt JWoods is THE James Woods, the actor. May want to edit the first name out of that post there, SD-7. Just a suggestion.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    Did holy spirit at any point ever lead the apostles in Jerusalem to a false conclusion, which they then directed all other Christians to follow without question? If anyone can post a scripture here to support that, by all means do so

I asked the JW I talk to this very question when I brought up the new "generation" definition. I'm waiting on the research.

• JWoods
    JWoods

JWoods is really James Woods, but I am not the actor.

I have explained before that I am better looking than James Woods the actor, and do not play mad dog killers.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Got it. Most here aren't prepared to have real names online and so it seems strange to see it. Just looking out for ya, bro! Thanks for the clarification.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit