Helen Keller and the horned hand or mano cornuto

by Weeping 32 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Weeping... may you have peace!

I know how "respectful" you are of such things, as you may have been taught to be by the WTBTS (?) or some other "fearful" religion or belief. Please know however, that your respect... and fear... of such things are not only burdensome... by they are unnecessary when one is wishing to "please God." What you have shared here are merely hand signals, whether they be derived from ASL... or from "devil" worship. But that is ALL they are. They have absolutely NO power whatsoever, however... nor does Satan... nor do demons... other than what you give them. Also, contrary to what you may have been taught... and so may fear... neither Satan nor demons reside in or "possess" inanimate objects, either - they can't. Inanimate objects are just that - inanimate objects.

I do not wish to disrespect you OR your fear - I understand that it is valid and very real for you. What I WOULD like to share with you, however, is that if you allow yourself to "see" the reality of God's law... Christ... which can be seen if YOU learn the FULFILLMENT of the Law... which is LOVE... you would lose your fear. Really. I am not lying to you. You would lose it completely, entirely, and thoroughly. Because perfect love... casts ALL fear... outside.

Fear is an ugly, harmful, debilitating thing, dear Weeping. But you don't have to be bound by it ANY more. Not if you don't want to. You CAN be set FREE! How? Learn love. Rather than trying to transfer YOUR fear... by trying to "put the fear of God" in others. Learn love... including love of your ENEMIES (Matthew 4:43-46)... and you will be on your way.

The Door (John 10:7, 9) is still standing open, dear one. May you hear him, then, when he and the Bride say to you:

"Come! Take life's 'water'... the holy spirit of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... which is poured out from the innermost parts of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISHAJAH... and which will set YOU free (John 8:32, 36)... by means of the "fruit" of such spirit that is LOVE... free!"

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

MrsJones is perfectly correct in the comment she posted about Gallaudet. Helen Keller had nothing to do with ASL

In reality Helen Keller knew nothing about ASL. ASL is a visual language meant to be used by deaf people who could see. Keller could not see.

The deaf-blind require a specialized form of communication where the deaf-blind person feels the hand movements spelling out words on the hand. This is not writing words on the hand. It is a form of coded language where various places on the hand signify letters and spell out the words A sample can be seen at http://www.deafsign.com/ds/ click on the BSL 2-Handed Fingerspelling Translator link. A small screen will pop up. In the top line type out I Love You and click on the Translate link. It will go through each letter and show you what touching places on the hand mean different letters. If you click on the dots at the bottom of the page you can see it go faster.

This is how the deaf-blind communicate. It is long and tedious but it gets the job done.

ASL on the other hand is a language unto itself with its own syntax and structure. ASL is not English translated into direct one for one words.

When interpreting I did not use ASL. I was taught to use SEE (Signed Exact English) which is a word for word translation. If there is no sign for something it gets spelled out.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

i thought Ronnie James Dio of black sabbath.....in the old days invented the HORNED SALUTE as a way of emulating his grandmother who used to do the same thing but it was the EVIL EYE she was teaching him to be careful.....now metal heads all over the world use the HORNS UP HIGH sign to signify they are into METAL music...but of course this doesnt explain why so many ppl including born again christain president Bush used it in public.....It seems to be a social way of saying Hello but although it roots may be evil it isnt percieved that way by all that use it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit