Were you Stalked or Chased After Once you Exited the JW's by Elders ?

by flipper 175 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I definitely was. I tried to fade off the map by moving 30 miles initially in 2004 after I exited in late 2003 . The first several years they didn't bother me. I ran into a elder from my former congregation in late 2005 in an antique store - he tried telling me I was wrong for stopping attending meetings. And interrogated me if I had a girfriend or not ( even though I had not attended meetings since 2003 ) and even though I was scripturally free to date or re-marry ! ( These guys are nosy bastards. )

Then in fall of 2006 , one month before Mrs. Flipper and I were to be married - my JW ex-wife I had been divorced from since 1998 drove up 80 miles out of her way to see if I was living with Mrs. Flipper . She found me at her house at 10:00 A.M. in the morning so she assumed we lived together. Long story short, she called my JW parents at the time, my elder brother and blabbed that I was living with Mrs. Flipper one month before. Then my ex-wife called the elders from my former congregation 80 miles away making them call me and chase after me for a JC - even though I had not attended a single meeting in almost 3 years. So I fought the JC for 10 months - they had no evidence against me - I won a JC appeal meeting in 2007 - and they haven't bothered me since.

But the point of the thread is - these elders and other witnesses who spy on one another are FREAKS ! They are trained to rat each other out at the drop of a dime. There is no trust between JW members - because they walk around paranoid wondering who is going to rat out who ?? So - What kind of experiences did YOu have or someone you know have regarding being chased down or spyed on or stalked by elders or others after exiting the JW's ?? As always- look forward to your responses. Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

We have a large yard, and the elders know we use our deck and yard space. They'd just pop by and walk around the property and catch us out...they did this THREE times. Recently I've gotten reports from my kids playing outside that the (what was called) PO has driven by, as well as a newly appointed elder. Both times they slow or stop in front of the house and take note of......something. It should be noted that we live at the end of a dead end road, 25 minutes driving time outside the territory.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Flipper this is certainly not the same as you have gone through as an adult, but I can tell you a story of stalking as a teenager.

My best friend through out my life invited me over, while her parents went on a short trip. (All Jw's) Her older sister was in charge....she was probably 18 or 19. Everything was prearranged and OK'd by all parents.

Everything was on the up and up supposedly, and it was.... until many late hours later. Suddenly it was THE party house.... but not until the wee late hours of the Night. A couple of guys "shot gunned' me, .....(blowing pot smoke into your mouth) yes, I wanted to try....but had never smoked it before. Hey it was the 70's and we were miserable JW teenagers.

Low and behold there were several elders driving by taking notes, etc. My father was called, showed up at the front door and shouted me down in the early morning. I marched downstairs higher than a kite for the first time in my life. He made me drive the family station wagon home following him on a Sunday morning. Dangerous, and crazy...but that's what happened. Not two hours later I had to have my hind end in a seat at the KH.

Well of course every elder had gotten wind of the party, and because I was an Elder's daughter, I was the only one there. In the back row barely able to keep my eyes open. The speaker, an elder aware of the situation, called on me from the platform to look up and read a scripture. Everyone else was asked to volunteer......but not me, oh no, I was to be made an example of during a talk on Sunday....not during a Watchtower study.

I was half asleep and couldn't find it, finally someone handed me a bible pointing out the scripture. It makes me sick to this day, all of it. How I stayed awake for another hour I'll never know.

I hated, hated being part of the JW's. They were nasty, tattling, Stalking sicko's.

r

• peaches
    peaches

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( to comfort you ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Quentin
    Quentin

Never dealt with a BOE, was on the way out while they were on the way in......however, stalking and spying on fellow jw has a long history within the confines of the wtbts...no matter what the kh sanctioned set up is, there is ALWAYS a snitch in every crowd...hell, I knew uber dubers that carried binoculrs. Twern't for bird watching either.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I wasn't stalked, and I count myself lucky. The old congregation thought I was in the "new" congregation and the "new" congregation thought I was in the old congregation.

I'm not sure how that works with my files though. I think the old congregation got tired of waiting for the "new" congregation to ask for them to be sent over.

The files are usually such a lovely stalking tool, aren't they?

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

in the beginning of my fade a few months back, i had one elder who would call me repeatedly and show up at my house. he leaves me alone now. the rest of the boe mostly leave me alone. every so often i will get a call or see them out and about.

when i was first appointed an ms years ago though, that first weekend of field service after the announcement was made, i was asked to go on a "shepherding call". me and an elder hop into his car and drive for two hours and then stop at a restaurant. he tells me nothing on the way about the call other than we are trying to encourage someone. we walk in and he asks if so and so is working and when they say yes he asked to be sat in her section. waitress comes up, and she has a look of astounishment on her face. he starts quizzing her about stuff. stuff like her living arrangements, if she is dating someone. i just sit there with mouth open not believing what i am seeing.

in all the shepherding calls i was on, i dreaded his. he did stuff like this all the time. catching people off guard and in the worst places.

• designs
    designs

I let it be known that I would sue them till they were living in a tent on the beach.

Some tried to do an end run through old friends and family, silly, trix are for kids.

• donny
    donny

It was catching the PO watching my house with binoculars that finally prompted me to disassociate. When I confronted him on it during a subsequent meeting, he stated that "I was not watching your place to see what you were doing per se, I was looking to see if any borthers or sisters were coming there knowing you had copies of Ray Franz'z books." That did it for me and I was out of there within the next two weeks. I still remember the day I caught him, August 28, 1992.

Donny

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My family is being inquired about throughout the circuit. I have been informed that "friends" in a congregation 50 miles away have both been asked questions about me and been told things about me. I can feel the borg-love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit