No I don't believe anyone here has been permanently warped by the Borg any more than your parents could do the same to you.

by gubberningbody 42 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Human beings can be scarred for life on the inside as easily than they can be scarred for life on the outside.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Human being pick their scabs, and that's why they don't heal.

If you want to heal, stop picking at them.

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

did you write the review for that book? lol

one thing that I learned from the Borg, believing lies and half truths, no matter how comforting, doesn't change "REALITY"

• cult classic
    cult classic

You see, this business of empowering the Borg or anyone or anything else that is outside you is self-defeating and ultimately useless.

THAT'S WHY WE LEFT........don't you get it?

Again gubberningbody................

Cult Classic

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Sure, I do, cult, but here it seems that many have carved out a rather unhealthy niche for themselves.

Time to get a better job.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

gubberningbody -- Please read Steve Hassan's books. You might change your mind.

I doubt it. Seems he is happy in his bubble

I have worked with people who were in therapy for years before the fog started to lift. Heck I was one of them. After everything i have been through in my life, all the abuses I am a pretty happy person. Sure things could be better but considering, I'm doing great. Even most of my doctors are impressed by my attitude considering the physical problems and chronic pain that i have.

The rule of thumb for recovery from a lifetime of abuse is 3 years. That is the average. The worse or more chronic the abuse the longer it might take.

And just looking around this board you will see it takes longer than 3 months to get your life in order and start being happy again.

For a study to be valid it has to be replicated. Other researchers have to come up with the same results using the same scales and criteria that the original researcher used. One study ain't gonna cut it.

Now there is possibly one way this study could have been even mildly correct. A self-administered questionnaire asking people to assess their level of happiness (however that is defined) and let's say they had an accident and broke a leg. Their adjustment period would be about 2-3 months. Just enough time to get a cast off.

But the problem with self-administered tests is that how a person assesses their level of "happiness" is too prone to denial. If a person doesn't want to consider that they are experiencing a certain level of discomfort they will deny its existence. I spent years in denial regarding how badly all the abuse had affected me. If you had asked me if I was happy I would have said yes but underneath all that surface happiness was a thick choking layer of suicidal depression.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Gubberningbody,

What exactly did you lose when you left the JWs? Your wife? Your mom? Your dad? Your son? Your daughter? Grandparents? Every single friend you've had for your entire life? A belief structure you've lived since infancy and is all you've ever known?

Did you lose any of these things?

And why do you think that people who have been so injured and are posting here are 'picking at their scabs'? Why can't you see people dressing their wounds and supporting one another through their long recovery?

Anyway, I'm real glad you're all healed up and feeling good.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Human being pick their scabs, and that's why they don't heal.

If you want to heal, stop picking at them.

I didn't pick at them. I pretended they didn't exist. That didn't make them any less powerful to affect me.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I spent decades in denial regarding how badly being raised in the JW cult had hurt me. I only started acknowledging and dealing with it less than 2 years ago. I am very grateful for this board.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Gubberningbody is not interested in understanding others. Only in expressing condescension.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit