Elders School 2010/11

by Mr Moody 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Decided said: I met N. Knorr there and didn't like his attitude at all.

I too would appreciate any insight into Knorr!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

It took the wind out of his sail to think that a nobody like me knew so much......

Yeah Dubs love to think that they have all this special info and what not, helps to re-enforce in their minds that they are gods 'special channel' of communication. My wifes aunt hates that I keep her up on all the bullshyt talks and books they have coming out. She said 'it isn't right for you to have this info...you are being done a dis-service cause you need to get this at the hall'?!? crazy bia!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

man, how can elders still keep up with everything new..... they're going to these schools like annually?

talking about jesus keeping your load low!

• average joe
    average joe

Did you say the elders were getting aanother book for elders school in addition to the elders book that just came out?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Just have to put in my 2c about what I heard about Knorr when my family first came in.

Apparently, and this went all around the congregations, as I recall: Knorr was out in service and at some door, the householder asked him what he was doing proseletizing while the President of the JW's was probably lolling around in his air-conditioned office and doing nothing - at which point Knorr replied "I am the President!" Supposedly a true story...yes, he was the President but oh, so humbly, put in his 10 hrs per month just like the rest of the schlepps...

This was an example let us all know that no one is exempt from publishing the good news - not even the President of the Society - anybody else out there remember this one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit