Memorial Attendance: "What's Going On?"

by sweet pea 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

This is the second year that I have not gone. I went for many years to "support my Wife" but decided finally that supporting her in her cult efforts was only validating her position. I hope the WT will continue to suffer losses as people wake up to the real truthâ„¢ about them.

www.jwfacts.com

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I'm willing to bets that the WT refrains from publishing the number of partakers this year...Any takers?

• spawn
    spawn

We know that the idiots will lie about numbers and say maybe it was a 1% drop from last year. They will massage the figures to suit them so as not to cause a panic.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I have no idea about it here in Houston, Texas, as I certainly won't up their numbers by going, and if the numbers are down, hahahahaha!!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Next year they should try doing something new to draw them in like offer door prizes.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

@spawn - I don't think massaging the numbers or pretending only a 1pc decrease will fool all the dubs, 50 less people is a noticably significant drop. I just hope it leads to more people researching what's really going on.

The other piece of news my dad gave me was that the congregation are now responsible for printing their own local propaganda/admin items, ie invites to the meetings, report forms, etc. Cashflow problems he thinks, who knows what others are thinking . . .

• stillin
    stillin

it's the sifting work...

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

silly me, of course it is stillin - doh!

• cattails
    cattails

I visited a congregation back East.

I asked about the numbers and they had 30+

less than last year. The brother explained that

they were the second congregation meeting at

the KH that evening and so a lot of people go

to the first Memorial held that evening because

of it being earlier... Funny thing is that the

attendance at the first meeting I found out

was less than at the second meeting!

• dissed
    dissed

Okay, let me get this straight, attendence is down in many congregations and yet, no memorial food was left over to take home in doggie bags. uhm.....

Chicpea - Printing forms? They will explain it as they are going green, to save the trees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit