Birthday the big 50

by chicken little 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• chicken little
    chicken little

I had the time of my life...my son in Afghanistan told my husband to come in to wake me up with a cake with 50 candles on...he did, it was lovely.

I had 20 red roses from my hubby and little boy. My neighbours came with flowers and put up their big flag for me. We had brunch out in town and then I was surprised by being taken to a lovely restaurant and 5 of my dear friends were there. Greetings came in all day on facebook and I got the call from Afghan too. To top off a perfect day my husband even sang a serenade to me in front of my friends...he was quite sober and it sounded lovely. I was in tears...such a lovely, lovely day. I can't wait to do the same for our son when he gets back soon.

Thank you for letting me share this...you guys all know how much it means.

• flipper
    flipper

CHICKEN LITTLE- Just saw this thread ! Congratulations on turning 50 ! Happy Birthday ! Hope you had a great day ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• minimus
    minimus

My GF's 50th is this coming weekend. I'm taking her to NYC Saturday thru Monday. We'll see Jersey Boys on Saturday night on Broadway and Sunday I have another off Broadway show we'll take in. That plus the hotel, dinners, and other things shall make it a costly weekend. But you only turn 50 once!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Chicken Little,

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a very special day.

Happy 50th

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit