Does anyone else feel like an alien?

by bluecanary 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Living in California, YES!

Judge Dread

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Mother bought a bunch of egg dying paraphanalia and hard boiled two dozen eggs.

So the eggs are hard boiled for Easter? So I understand this right before I Google it, people hide hard boiled painted eggs in public and you go searching for it. And if you find it, do you eat it?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

So the eggs are hard boiled for Easter? So I understand this right before I Google it, people hide hard boiled painted eggs in public and you go

searching for it. And if you find it, do you eat it?

Apparently. I didn't know any of this until three days ago.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I went to a friend's 40th birthday party last week.

Someone yelled out, "Hey, I have a good idea.....!"

I immediately thought to myself, "Uh-oh, I bet THIS is where we we cut someone's head off and serve it on a plate....."

I was prolly the only one thinking that........cus I'm an alien.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    I immediately thought to myself, "Uh-oh, I bet THIS is where we we cut someone's head off and serve it on a plate....."
    I was prolly the only one thinking that........cus I'm an alien.

Funny!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If the antenna fits....wear it !

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I felt like an alien going to a church. Couldn't bring myself to sing or take communion. i just felt retarded.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Being the unbelieving mate at a JW wedding or "gathering" is another alien experience. I never felt comfortable or accepted there. I could feel them sizing me up as a prospect, rather than just accepting me as another member of Ex's family. I was never really comfortable, I felt like I couldn't be myself there.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Thanksgiving is completely weird. Giving thanks for your life by killing a large and beautiful bird, plucking all its feathers out, roasting it in an oven and then stuffing yourself full of its flesh? Sorry, that doesn't make much sense to me at all.

I think there are maybe a few better ways to give thanks for your life than by eating a lovely bird after disemboweling it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit