My family is trying to gather Intel on me......through my 5 yr old!!

by JWinprotest 15 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

If they weren't snooping around before, news of a tooth fairy visit is sure to get them busy and on the hunt!

From the 5-yr-olds I know, the subject of meetings 'could' come up, but the cat is out of the bag and doesn't matter if the cousin was asked to inquire or not.

This may have been a joke, but I think it's a really bad idea:

Tell your five-year-old to make up stories when asked about you. Make a fun game of it to see how outlandish of stories he/she can come up with.

Closely supervised visits is probably best for now. If there comes a rift in the family because of the new information provided by the 5-year-old, the child may start having feelings of guilt over just having what to him/her was a nice, normal, honest conversation with grandma & grandpa. Terrible feelings of guilt and isolation can develop and are tough to overcome.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    That's just one example. Like I said, I've been dropping a lot of hints, so I think they're starting to snoop around.

OR... Since you are already dropping hints, just call them out on their behavior. Tell them that it feels like they are probing your child and that if they have questions about your whereabouts or your action/inaction ask you directly.

-Aude.

• nugget
    nugget

You may be right but also remember that in JW life meetings,assemblies, field service etc all are common topics of conversation. Your daughter commenting on a day out at the weekend may be enough for a JW to ask why they weren't at the meeting or on the service.

That being said JWs are nosy about other JWs and have serious issues with personal space and snooping. Just monitor the situation for now and be aware that now the cat is well and truly out of the bag if they weren't snooping before they will be now.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Thats pretty low. And of course your 5 year old will tell them exactly what they want to hear so if you are trying to hide from them I guess you will have to cut off contact between your kid and her family to prevent her from leaking intel.

If they are going to shun you or have you DFd there is no preventing it if they are bound and determined to be your judges jury and executioners. Some family.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Nugget said, "be aware that now the cat is well and truly out of the bag "

My 2 year old can't see cake or pastries without yelling Happy Birthday!!.....pretty sure they know something is up, but they're too gutless to ask me themselves.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's pretty cute

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit