My family is trying to gather Intel on me......through my 5 yr old!!

by JWinprotest 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

I don't have conclusive evidence yet, but I'm pretty sure that my mom and siblings are asking my 5 yr old questions to find things out, such as, whether we attend meetings or not, if we celebrate holidays, do we go in service etc.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.....but I don't think so.

• Heaven
    Heaven

When I read stuff like this I just think, "Man, JWs need to get a life!"

If what you say is true, this is just a sad, sad statement on how low they will go.

• undercover
    undercover

I've seen it happen.

At least indirectly. Children like to talk and when they get going, I've seen JW grandparents listen intently to all that comes out. From the kids they've learned that they're not going to meetings, they had a xmas tree, the new Harry Potter movie was really good and all kinds of things.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.....but I don't think so.

remember...when people are out to get you, paranoia is just good thinking

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Tell your five-year-old to make up stories when asked about you. Make a fun game of it to see how outlandish of stories he/she can come up with.

If you feed someone a steady stream of BS they won't be able to identify the true stories. Its a strategy called Obfuscation. (the u is silent... ob-fscation)

• undercover
    undercover
    Its a strategy called Obfuscation. (the u is silent... ob-fscation)

Actually you only pronounce the O and the F and the U...the rest is silent...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

LOL @ undercover!

We have a similar game going on here.

• carla
    carla

Why let grandma & other jw's use your child in such a way? why let an innocent child near these people who will obviously fill the childs head with nothing but doom and gloom, guilt, and hatred?

• nelly136
    nelly136

go with your guts, youre very unlikely to be wrong about that one.

• Scully
    Scully

It's time to supervise your relatives when they are with your 5-year-old. Seriously.

It's not fair for you to knowingly (even if you simply just suspect it is going on) put your child in such an awkward situation.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Carla/Scully, you are absolutely right, and if I thought this would have any effect on my child I would intervene immediately. Right now it appears to be harmless stuff, for example, we were at a family gathering the other day, and my brother's kid is talking with mine. All of a sudden my nephew, in a loud voice that everyone can hear, says to his dad, "daddy, #$%^&&^ says she doesn't go to meetings".

Now, I believe that my brother coached his son to ask the question, I can't see that just coming up in conversation between two kids that age. The reason I suspect this is because I've been dropping the hints pretty hard that I don't go, and 2 days earlier, my brothers jaw hit the floor when my child told everyone that we got a visit from the tooth fairy. Also, the way he told his dad....it was as if he was reporting back.

That's just one example. Like I said, I've been dropping a lot of hints, so I think they're starting to snoop around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit