Terry

And WHO is Sophia?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

• recovering
    recovering

I can quote the info, however I really do not understand the theology behind the belief Terry. Please enlighten me.

Sophia is the Feminine Aspect of God, according to Gnostics. In the hierarchy, as listed... Ein Sof (the over-God) who created all things; Sophia, the female aspect of Ein Sof, who became aware and created Eve as a sacrifice of herself for Adam; Yahweh, the accidental creator of the flawed world and Adam (by bringing an Angel down and enclosing him in flesh as an act of cruelty)

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Isis

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The feminine aspect of God in gnosticism.

• Terry
    Terry

And the Greek logos?

• recovering
    recovering

wisdom, or known in the eastern Christian Church as the bride of Christ, The mother sophia suposedly ransomes the daughter sophia with her brother/ husband christ.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Wisdom for the process of learning.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

from wikipedia:

Aretalogy is a form of sacred biography where a deity's attributes are listed, in the form of poem or text, in the first person.

[edit] Usage

Often each line starts with the standard "I am …". Usually, aretalogies are self praising. They are found in the sacred texts of later Egypt, Mesopotamia and in Greco-Roman times. Aretalogies of Isis would be recited everyday by an Aretologist who would have to memorise a huge list of attributes which he/she would have to recite.(Priests and priestesses of Isis had equal rank in the temple.) The aretalogies of ancient Egypt provide some the most complete information extant about their deities. [ 1 ] Aretalogies are found as early as the Coffin Texts. In aPtolemeic aretalogy, Aset (Isis) says about herself:

Isis was a goddess in Ancient Egyptian religious beliefs, whose worship spread throughout the Greco-Roman world. She was worshipped as the ideal mother and wife as well as the matron of nature and magic. She was the friend of slaves, sinners, artisans, the downtrodden, as well as listening to the prayers of the wealthy, maidens, aristocrats and rulers. [ 1 ] Isis is the Goddess of motherhood, magic and fertility.

The goddess Isis (the mother of Horus) was the first daughter of Geb, god of the Earth, and Nut, the goddess of the Overarching Sky, and was born on the fourth intercalary day. At some time Isis and Hathor had the same headdress. In later myths about Isis, she had a brother, Osiris, who became her husband, and she then was said to have conceived Horus. Isis was instrumental in the resurrection of Osiris when he was murdered by Set. Her magical skills restored his body to life after she gathered the body parts that had been strewn about the earth by Set. [ 2 ] This myth became very important in later Egyptian religious beliefs.

• Terry
    Terry

The I AM.............?

• recovering
    recovering

hmm the wtbs would have a fit with this lol. is that the reason they changed " i am that i am" to " i shall prove to be what i shall prove to be" , in Exodus 3:14 of the NWT of the bible ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit