Real Peace and Security-When? Outline !!!

by yknot 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Not wanting to minimize the phrase "throwing up a little in my mouth", but I did, if only for the memory of giving that damn talk, and others.

All the glazed over eyeballs nodding their heads as you read scriptures that barely apply. Hell I didn't understand a lotof what was in those talks, and I bet a lot of elders don't to this day either.

Oh well, back to my Public Talk purge... Terry, you are old too dude.... ;)

• possible-san
    possible-san

Thanks, Yknot.

And kudos for Anony-Brother.
    Thank you.

• yknot
    yknot

Shameless...

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

When discussing 1 Thessalonians5:2, 3, do not make any speculative remarks.

Then the outline reads:

The cry of “peace and security” may be one event or a series of events involving political leaders
    Possibly, religious leaders will join them in saying this (Jer 6:14)
    As to the complete fulfillment of this prophecy, it is wise to wait and see what develops on the world scene
    God’s Word assures us that false religion will be attacked and destroyed by “the wild beast” and “the ten
    horns” (Re 17:15, 16; re 255-258)

WTF????

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure they changed to title around so people would not remember the "True Peach and Security" book/talk from the mid-1980's.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

The public talks were an hour when I gave them back in the 1960's.

• Call to order and introduction: 3 minutes
    • Public Talk: 55 minutes
    • Conclusion: 2 minutes - announcement of next week's talk, WT study to start in 30 minutes (1 hour WT study)

Total wasted time stolen from my life (including travel time and misc. BS with the other JWs before and after): nearly 3 hours.

The dead time between meetings was eventually reduced to 15 minutes because there were so few real members of the "public" that ever attended. The original purpose of the 30 minute breaks time between meetings was to allow new ones on their first or second visits to the hall to be introduced to all of the servants and more popular brothers and sisters - a little "love bombing" time.

The local congregation could move the WT study along a bit and reduce it to 45-50 minutes as long as all the paragraphs were covered. But when that happened, they would call on Brother Wysocki, one of the last of the remnant anointed in that KH and a Polish survivor of WW2, to pray.

Brother Wysocki only got his invitation to pray about once every two months, so he made the best of it. Praying in a mix of broken English and Polish, he would cough and wheeze and repeat himself several times during his 8-10 minute closing prayer. We would always stand for the final prayer, so all of the mothers would have to try to keep their kids in line or hold their babies that whole time. The longer he went on the more babies would cry. Their mothers would use that excuse to make a hasty retreat out the back of the KH or into the ladies' room - a perfect excuse for an escape.

Do I miss those days? Not on your life! RIP, Brother Wysocki - I hope you are enjoying your eternal life in heaven sitting at Jesus' (or is it Jehovah's) right hand and ruling with him.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

********** When They Are Saying "Peace and Security!" ********************

where is to happen/take place this event ? in the world , or within God's people ?

Jesus brought something new (from His and ours Father ) : the knowledge of the Father's purpose and will :
    to HAVE worshippers "with spirit and with truth"

a worshipper "with spirit" is that one who observe strictly the will of the Father in each action , because the Father is the Spirit

Father has commanded us to obey His Son :"This is my beloved Son, Listen to Him !"

And the Son said : "Your word is TRUTH "

Jesus knew Father's clearly expressed "will" regarding the time and the frame of "end-time prophecies" ,
    as it were declared to Daniel ( cpt 10 )
    14. "Now I have come to give you an understanding of what will happen
    -- to your people
    -- in the latter days,
    for the vision pertains to the days yet future."

So, it is very clear , Jesus conformed Himself to Father's will , and everything he preached from old prophecies , He put it in relations with "God's people" !

His apostles followed Him in this way , because this means to "abidel" or to "remain" in the Teaching of Christ !

The only way to HAVE BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON !

2 John
    9. Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God;
    the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.

WHEN apostle Paul wrote the inspired words in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-5 , he surely knew Father's will toward Jesus' followers , and acted accordingly !

SO , the cry "Peace and security" MUST HAVE ITS FULFILMENT >>within<< God's people , at the end of the "latter days"

WHO are THEY who cry "peace and security" ?

They are some who " had been of us ... but they were not really of us" !

1 John 2
    19. They went out from us, but they were not really of us;
    for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us;
    but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us.

Who are "of us" the apostle John is speaking about here ?

.."of us" are the anointed brothers of Christ , the co-followers with apostle John , who all where "abiding" in the Teaching of Christ !

... and those who "were not really of us" are those called "weeds" , workers of LAWLESSNESS , who "will secretly introduce destructive heresies" ...

2 Peter 2
    1. But false prophets also arose among the people (of God ), just as there will also be false teachers among you,
    who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them,
    bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

SO , these ones who " had been of us ... but they were not really of us" CONSTITUTES themselves in the group called "FALSE PROPHET"

LET us find what was prophecised regarding these "false prophets"
    Jeremiah 23
    16. Thus says the LORD of hosts,
    "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are prophesying to you
    They are leading you into futility;
    They speak a vision of their own imagination,
    Not from the mouth of the LORD.

17. "They keep saying to those who despise Me,
    'The LORD has said, "YOU WILL HAVE PEACE "';
    And as for everyone who walks in the stubbornness of his own heart,
    They say, 'Calamity will not come upon you.' [YOU WILL HAVE SECURITY]

DO we understand now WHAT the cry "peace and security" IS ?

This CRY come from these prophets JEHOVAH DID NOT SENT THEM !

They are (TODAY) desperately TRYING TO ASSURE >>those believing THE LIE<< (despising Jehovah / walking in the stubbornness of his own heart ) THAT THEY WILL HAVE PEACE AND SECURITY if they will continue to follow the FALSE PROPHETS who set themselves as "god" in God's Temple !

BUT SUDDEN DESTRUCTION IS TO BE INSTANTLY UPON THEM !

wantingtruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit