Real Peace and Security-When? Outline !!!

by yknot 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

A wonderful darling man was so kind as to anonymously PM this to be shared with the board.....

Consider it 'food at the proper time'

Kudos for Anony-Brother

For actual outline.... http://www.sendspace.com/file/o58i6h

REAL PEACE AND SECURITY—WHEN?

Note to the speaker:
    While acknowledging that many sincerely strive to achieve peace, explain why worldwide peace will come
    only through God’s Kingdom and why true peace involves more than the absence of war. By use of Scriptural
    reasoning, help all to see that real peace and security is at hand. When discussing 1 Thessalonians
    5:2, 3, do not make any speculative remarks. Please follow carefully what is stated in the outline

WHY REAL PEACE AND SECURITY ARE SO ELUSIVE (3 min.)
    For centuries, men have sought peace and security
    At best, they have achieved only a few short periods of temporary coexistence with neighbor nations
    They do not understand the real reasons why peace and security are absent in this world
    God’s Word gives two basic reasons why attaining real peace is so elusive
    (1) Mankind is not at peace with God, the Source of love and peace (2Co 13:11; w97 1/15 12)
    (2) The world is ruled by Satan, the source of hatred and war (Joh 12:31; w90 4/1 6)
    Let us consider these reasons

REAL PEACE AND SECURITY DEPENDENT ON BEING AT PEACE WITH GOD (5 min.)
    Man was created to depend on Jehovah and to obey his laws (Jer 10:23)
    When Adam rebelled against God’s rule, he lost the peaceful relationship he had enjoyed with God (Ro 5:12)
    Since then, man’s history has been filled with hatred, war, and disobedience to God’s laws
    Today, people may equate peace and security with absence of war, protection by police, safety of high-security
    buildings
    Such conditions do not constitute true peace and security
    To restore peace with God, we must recognize our spiritual need and submit to God’s laws (Mt 5:3; Isa 48:18)
    Love for God and deep respect for his righteous principles are essential to having peace and security
    (Isa 57:21; w99 10/1 11)

SATAN’S REMOVAL OPENS THE WAY FOR REAL PEACE AND SECURITY (13 min.)
    The world today, more than ever, is influenced by Satan (1Jo 5:19)
    Shortly after God’s Kingdom began ruling in heaven in 1914, Satan was hurled to the earth (Re 12:9; w06
    3/15 13)
    Since then, Satan has intensified his efforts to mislead man, and hatred, warfare, and other woes have increased
    (Re 12:12)
    Satan’s superhuman evil influence dooms all human efforts to bring about peace (w85 10/15 5)
    Jehovah assures us that it is still his purpose to have lasting peace on earth (Ps 37:9, 11)
    He will do so by means of Jesus, the “Prince of Peace” (Isa 9:6, 7)
    We have reached the time when significant developments and earthshaking events prophesied in the Bible are
    to occur (Da 2:33-35, 41-45; dp 57-62)
    One development that has yet to take place is foretold at 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3 [Read]
    The cry of “peace and security” may be one event or a series of events involving political leaders
    Possibly, religious leaders will join them in saying this (Jer 6:14)
    As to the complete fulfillment of this prophecy, it is wise to wait and see what develops on the world scene
    God’s Word assures us that false religion will be attacked and destroyed by “the wild beast” and “the ten
    horns” (Re 17:15, 16; re 255-258)
    Many people feel that religion blocks their efforts to achieve peace
    After the destruction of false religion, God’s Kingdom will crush all human governments at Armageddon
    (Da 2:44; Re 16:16; 19:19-21; w90 5/15 6-7)
    Thereafter, Satan the Devil will be removed, opening the door to a millennium of real peace and security
    (Re 20:1-3)

THE MANY FACETS OF REAL PEACE AND SECURITY (5 min.)
    God promises real peace and security for those who will live on earth after Satan has been removed
    Peace with fellow men and with wild animals (Isa 11:6-9)
    Paradise conditions (Isa 35:1)
    Good health and plenty of food for everyone (Ps 72:16; Isa 33:24)
    Satisfying work (Isa 65:21-23)
    No more death and sorrow (Re 21:4)

ACT NOW, AND LEARN HOW YOU CAN BENEFIT YOURSELF! (4 min.)
    Micah describes how Jehovah is bringing about peace and security [Read Micah 4:3, 4] (w07 11/1 15)
    Today, Jehovah’s servants already conform to his requirements by ‘not learning war anymore’ and dwelling
    in peace with one another (Isa 32:17)
    You too can enjoy peace and security
    Acquire knowledge of Jehovah, and develop a close relationship with him (Joh 17:3; Jas 4:7, 8)
    Studying the Bible with Jehovah’s Witnesses will help you to do so
    By obeying God’s laws, you will enjoy peace with Jehovah God and fellow humans even while living in this
    turbulent world (Ps 119:165; 2Pe 3:14)
    Soon real and lasting worldwide peace and security will arrive
    Now is the time to put your full trust in Jehovah! (Pr 3:5, 6)
    (Not all cited texts need to be read)

For those on other boards........ please circulate, circulate, circulate

• Terry
    Terry

I think I remember giving that talk! What year was that originated?

• yknot
    yknot

The outline is dated 2009, 176-E

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That's the "special talk" for this spring.

It's the same regurgitated crap every spring, to try and further rope in those who attended the Memorial. I'm not sure why they keep up the tradition; I've NEVER seen it work.

Thanks for posting it, Yknot.

• Mary
    Mary
    I think I remember giving that talk! What year was that originated?

1898, 1913, 1925, 1943, 1966, 1968, 1986 and 1994. Plus all the years inbetween.

• Terry
    Terry

Ahhhhh, so I DID give that talk!

• yknot
    yknot
    Many people feel that religion blocks their efforts to achieve peace

Ah-ha LOGICAL PROOF ....... that Bethel writers read Terry's fantastic threads!

• sir82
    sir82
    They do not understand the real reasons why peace and security are absent in this world

Of course!

The "real reason" is that a talking snake convinced a naked lady to eat a piece of fruit!

Alert the UN! Peace in our time!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The "real reason" is that a talking snake convinced a naked lady to eat a piece of fruit!

Also that the primary thing Jesus did when he began "ruling in the heavens in 1914" was to make things far worse for people on earth - because he hurled Satan down upon us rather than making things here any better.

You know, it makes you wonder what a truly cognizant outsider must think when they hear this kind of gibberish for the first time.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Since then, Satan has intensified his efforts to mislead man, and hatred, warfare, and other woes have increased
    (Re 12:12)

Right. Like anyone with access to the internet and an ounce of common sense believes "hatred, warfare and other woes" are worse since 1914. If that's true, then why the population explosion??? This really makes me mad when they try to promote this illogical and unfactual dogma. Do they think the audience are mentally incompetent? The sad thing is, I tried reasoning on this with my (die-hard) parents and they just brush it aside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit