Local needs talk this past Tues at my wife's cong

by isaacaustin 19 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

UC nailed it..

The amount of JW`s on facebook is staggering..

I see JW`s there,I have`nt seen in years.....JW`s are CopyCats.....What 1 does,the rest do..

This is`nt going to stop..It`s going to catch on..

The WBT$ is Stupid,if they think they can contain this..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

LOL @ Bobby Boucher, Wing Commander!!

The WT is like "Back to the Future" - its like the 80's all over for me, just replace the names.

They seem to be a very jealous slave-master, God forbid you do something that takes away from your service to "Jah"

I know so many elders, pioneers, etc.....who are on Facebook. Good luck getting all of them to delete their accounts!

Geez, next thing you know, they will be giving local needs on visiting apostate sites!

• flipper
    flipper

ISAAC AUSTIN- This once again- is just another " control tactic " on the part of the WT society to get JW's to get off of the internet completely ! If the leaders of the WT society can control who the JW members talk to, associate with - and use " fear tactics " to warn them they'll turn into Satan worshipers worthy of " Jehovah's disfavor " , then you will see lots of mind controlled dubs cancelling their facebook accounts . But those JW's on the fringes who do their own thing- will just go on doing their own thing. Good thread

• Nowman
    Nowman

I had my 1st FB deletion today. An old friend from 25 years ago messaged me and said, "it was great talking to you again, but she could no longer continue the friendship since I have turned away from Jehovah (she must have reviewed my profile, and saw that I do not do JW things) and that I am against the most important part of her life and that was serving Jehovah". She mentioned that she hopes I come out of my darkness soon.

This really effected my morning today I could not get it out of my mind. I already messaged her back and she came back with more JW lingo and said she would not go back and forth with me since we believe so differently.

Well, I dont need to run away from her, so I sent her another message, thought I would take the time to plant a seed, what do I got to lose? Its been 25 years, so what is another 25 years without her?

I still found that it effected me which really pissed me off, have not had to deal with the shunning thing for years now...ya know?

Nikki

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I've looked up JW's from my past and see a lot of them on Facebook. Some of them are elders in the Pittsburgh area.

HappyDad

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Well, I dont need to run away from her, so I sent her another message, thought I would take the time to plant a seed, what do I got to lose? Its been 25 years, so what is another 25 years without her?

Good for you!!!!! I was at the grocery store the other day with my bf, and in the lane right next to me was this JW sister from my cong (when I used to go). She looked me dead in the eye then put her head down. She then looked up again (guess she was confirming it WAS me) and then quickly rung up her groceries. In the meantime my bf says "Do you know her?" and I said YES...she is a JW. So as we're walking out, I made SURE to grab his hand (he kissed me on the cheek) and said "Hi *****" as we were leaving. You said it perfectly with your statement - we don't need to 'run' away anymore. Who are they?????

• peaches
    peaches

it will create curiosity for those who are not already on it

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Oh theres a long list of shit to be avoided when you are a JW:

Having kids

Getting promotions

Two door cars

College

Furbies

Trolls

Smurfs

Garage Sales held by worldly people

Star Wars

Harry Potter

Dating

Congregation picnics

Night clubs

Witness Bands

the internet except for THEIR sites

MySpace

Facebook

breathing....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well, they might be right that the internet is dangerous. I swear I spend at least half as much time as I was as a witness on social and support networks on the internet. I left the religion I practiced for 20 years not just because of the internet, but highly because I knew I could find others like me on the internet that would tell me that I should leave that religion if I wasn't believing the doctrine.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

A few weeks ago I infiltrated a witness facebook club or whatever it is and I now have 35 friends. Wonder what would have happened if I'd used some ugly person instead of an attractive woman in her early 40's.

Anyway one of the things i posted was my concern about being on facebook. I told them that one of the elders told me I should not have a facebook account but that I liked it and was going to anyway. They had a couple of comments about that.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit