I have to give GREAT THANKS!

by its_me! 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• its_me!
    its_me!

I wanted all of you to know how much you have helped me in the few short weeks that I have been here.

I was starting to sink into a very deep and dangerous depression, wrestling with the lies that I have been taught all of my life, and feeling like I was evil because I did not want to follow anymore. Fearing that I was deeply offending God and hurting Him.

Since being on this site, the weight is starting to be lifted. The thick veil of fog is slowly starting to clear, and I feel like I can LIVE! Not just exist, and go through life like a robot, but REALLY LIVE!!!!

You all have given me hope that I can live a fulfilled and happy life. I would have never gotten that as long as I remained a Jehovah's Witness. (It is still uncomfortable saying that. But I am going to keep facing the REAL truth until I am comfortable with it.)

So thank you all so much! I hope that you can all feel a little satisfaction as you go through your day knowing that you have helped me in a way that I will never forget, and given me a basis and foundation to go forward in life with my eyes open, seeking truth, REAL truth, happiness, goodness, and true individuality. It may have taken me much longer to realize the things I have learned were it not for you all, and it is frightening to say, that it may have been too late.

Sometimes, you can help someone in an amazingly profound way, and not even know it. But it sure is nice when you do know it. So, here it is, and now you know! Can't thank you all enough!

• dissed
    dissed

Trust me, it gets even better over time.......as you look at the KH in your rear view mirror.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Ahhhh Dissed, that is music to my ears, and that is saying a lot, because I really love music! I can't wait to have a few years of "Detox from WTBTS" behind me! This is the first time in years that I have had hope of future happiness!

• tec
    tec

You're looking at the world with new eyes and a new heart. I'm so happy that you're finding joy as you do this! The WT, like so many other religions, has fallen back to the 'rules, rules, rules' teachings. Like the Jewish leaders of the past, even though they taught and followed many strict traditions and rules, these things brought no real understanding of love and mercy.

John 8:31- 32 -' To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'

Tammy

• Quandry
    Quandry

So happy that you are able to look forward and not behind. Set attainable goals now, and feel good about realizing them.

• its_me!
    its_me!

I am so glad to have come to this site! So many wonderful souls!!! Thank you Tec and Quandry, you both have made me feel so much at home here! And you too Dissed!!

I can't wait to get started with my life!!! I only wish I would have done this sooner!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

It's Me! said:

...that is music to my ears, and that is saying a lot, because I really love music!

And the fact that you are doing so great (and coming so far in such a short time) is music to OUR ears. Dissed is right, it really DOES get better and easier. You have that to look forward to...

Love,
    Baba.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I only wish I would have done this sooner!

Don't we all!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to your new life. I'm glad you found us.

Cheers

Chris

• alanv
    alanv

its_me. As I write this I must say I have tears in my eyes. I am so glad you are finally free. You're right this is a wonderful site for helping people get free from the WT.

I guess we will never know how many others are being helped, but I wish to add my own thanks to everybody as well for all the help and encouragement I have had, just by reading their comments. Thank you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit