Mother who blackmails me into this BS

by cia112 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I agree that you need to get your degree. No question about that. But you are 21 years old. There are other ways to continue your education. You could get a part time job. My daughter is in college and does a lot of baby sitting. She also has worked at Starbucks and Chik-fil-a while she's been in school. She also has worked at a horseback riding camp. My high school age daughter is 15 and she will be working as a lifeguard this summer. My son has worked at Subway and Texas Roadhouse while being in school. My nephew works on campus at the University of GA and my other nephew works at a grocery store.

You can get student loans and Pell grants that don't have to be paid back if you declare yourself independent from your mother. Obama has just increased the availability of both of these options.

The financial aid office of your college can help you with all of this.

You can find places to live that are cheap if you look. I currently own a house that I am looking to rent out for just a little over the cost of the utilities. What about living with one of your siblings? Or would you consider living with your boyfriend?

You, at 21 years old, do not need to be dependent on your mother either financially or emotionally. You are making that choice yourself. It's time to look after yourself and make decisions about the course of your own life.

• moshe
    moshe

Join the military- and kiss mommy's WT rules goodbye.

• peaches
    peaches

welcome...nice to meet you....

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

well does your mother make you go out in service WITH her or can you find a way to go out in service without her? cause if she just wants to see hours on your field service report then i would say FAKE THEM.

i never faked a single hour on mine but i went from beliving to having doubts to realizing it was all horses*** and leaving in one fell swoop. if i had to hang on and knew it was bull then i wouldnt have had a problem faking hours and s*** to make them shut up.

if on the other hand you do have to be there in her car i would do what was recommended above and say you will only go to the door by yourself and then appologise and say your mother is a jw and your sorry you have to bother them and wish them a nice day.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome.

• yknot
    yknot

You are not alone in this boat!

Sometimes the best way to deal with Mom is to allow her to think she is getting her way.....

Her issues are you appearing to be 'faithful' and the BF...... well give one (appearing faithful) and keep the other (BF)!

You don't like FS (shock) ...... so why not consider wasting your time doing telephone witnessing instead (that mean you don't dial the complete number and fake a conversation ending with a request to be on the 'do not call list' (DNCL) or you dial the number and hit mute until the person hangs up, again faking a conversation and DNCL....

Do you know of another sister who equally hates FS and is willing to be a 'partner in crime' via FS fudging or stretching tactics. (either direct flubbing of numbers or doing errand with a WT/Awake on the dashboard of your car, leaving tracts on the edge of trashcans in women's bathrooms, leaving tons of publications at laundromats.

Come here often and vent, engage in our WT-Study commentary, start using theocratese more often and let it ooze from your pores (really go overboard, credit the slave with everything...... get good grades, practice safe sex, and be thankful you figured out the 'truth of the troof' early on in your life!

SO happy you found us!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Welcome, I think you have received fantastic advice. Play along for now, it is a means to an end. Y-knot said it best, get good grades, practice safe sex, keep your nose clean. Really this is the best path to take, get out when the time is right on cordial terms with your Mom. Sounds like you can have a great life ahead of you! NMKA

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hi there cia112

The beauty of your situation is your age and self awareness. Kudos to you for seeing through the crap at such a young age.

No matter what, get your education now. Get a definite skill while you're in school. Once you get your education under wraps everything

will fall into place. Don't worry about how to take care of yourself. Don't ever stress about that.

Keep your expenses well below your income and don't accumulate credit card debt.

Keep your lifestyle simple and enjoy as much of life as you possibly can.

You'll be fine.

Cult Classic

• cia112
    cia112

Thanks for all of your wonderful advice everyone! Ill try to make the best out of the situation...Well to answer some questions my dad was a JW but died 2 years ago...he really didnt get in my life like my mom does...and unfortunately i live outside of the US at the moment so its kind of hard to make money in the dominican republic and i seriously want to be done with school as fast as possible. But as soon as i graduate ill go back to the US, apply for a job and be done with this ASAP!

On other news my mom had recently said to me that if i marry my current boyfriend him being worldy and all she will practically disown me, as if she had no daughter... it really really hurt when she said that but i dont think that when im on my own i want that kind of thing in my life, i feel bad saying it but good ridance if thts the way she feels.

Another thing i dont understand, alot of young people in my congregation actually eat all this stuff up and end up not going to college and preach 24/7! How can you believe in all this crap! Like seriously, is god really gonna kill everyone who isnt a Jehova's witness??? when the bible says hes a god of love, peace, justice, etc

• metatron
    metatron

Paying for college is a real challenge these days. Look, 3 years may seem like forever if you are 21 (it's a seventh of your whole life) but if you are 50 plus, it's like nothing. That's something I learned suffering thru 4 years at Bethel.

I'd wait it out and lay low - although I might investigate some of the alternatives listed above in the meantime, like living with a supportive sibling.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit