IMPORTANT SPORTS ANOUNCEMENT

by roybatty 11 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

With the upcoming Superbowl and the continued confusion between American football and European football aka soccer, American football will continue to be known as FOOTBALL while soccer will now be know as SISSYBALL.
    Thank you for your attention and God bless.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

So "Sissyball" is the one where there's a real ball, players don't wear layers of padding and a helmet, there's only one break in a ninety-minute game and players can't just come on and off when it's convenient?

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• Sky
    Sky

I think it all should be called pussyball.
    A bunch of grown mentrying to compensate for something....
    Sky

• TR
    TR

LOL, Roy!

Funky,

Do the sissyba...er soccer players intentionally try to hurt each other like real football? Pads and helmet are definitely a must.

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

• Gopher
    Gopher

Roy, you get a YELLOW CARD! No, make that a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike posting!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ha ha!

I didn't used to like footy either, but when England won the World cup in 1966 I started to take notice. I was living in Portsmouth at the time, so I payed my 5 shillings and went to watch my first game of live football.

It was nothing like I had expected. I watched from the half way line close to the front where I could hear the thwack of the ball and the crunch of the sliding tackles.

Roy, I will have money with you that you have never attended a live top-class game. Of course... there aren't any top class clubs over there are there?

http://www.arsenal.com/

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Do the sissyba...er soccer players intentionally try to hurt each other like real football? Pads and helmet are definitely a must.

No, we have rugby for that, where some of the players do wear headgear, but only to stop their ears getting ripped off.

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Dude.. soccer STILL sucks!

I love almost ALL sports, but contemplating 2 hours of watching jackazzes run around without using their hands and kicking a ball around for a 1-0 score isnt my idea of excitement.

Not to mention.. how many of you soccer countries cant hold a game without someone in the stands getting killed in a mauling?

Besides that BORING and FOOLISH sentiment, the only other thought that comes to mind when you mention soccer is pampering mommies driving around spoiled brats in a minivan because the sport is "new" and "fresh" in America and its the "in" thing.

Spare me.

American Football beats Soccer ANYDAY of the week.

Hell, the rest of the world cant even play it.

Just my opinion, so no need for flames.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• Xena
    Xena
    the only other thought that comes to mind when you mention soccer is pampering mommies driving around spoiled brats in a minivan because the sport is "new" and "fresh" in America and its the "in" thing.

lol Reborn I toted my 6 year old daughter (aka the spoiled brat)to soccer practice..course I would NEVER be caught dead in a mini-van..

you are ALL wrong......BASKETBALL RULES!!!!!!!!! sweaty men in shorts...gotta love it!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL!

Love you Xena, but I rest my case. :P

NBA Basketball is garbage these days. Young, wanna-be thuggish, tattooed, snotty, overpaid brats who think they know fundamentals of a game with rich history and all they do is dunk and tell you "how bad I am" with the ME ME ME attitude. Not to say some other sports are any different, but basketball is by far the most prevalent.

Long gone are the days I miss of Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Isaiah Thomas, and the old Michael Jordan. The players now are of no interest to me whatsoever.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit