Does anybody in London know anything about this???

by brizzzy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Welcome activeJW - thanks for contributing!

mmxiv

• Curtains
    Curtains

hi active jw - I agree with you. Definitely a figment of someones imagination or an embellished account

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Or, a great idea was enacted. Maybe a group of apostates, or disgruntled witnesses did this. By the reactions of the people on the street it worked. People were calling them a cult, freaks whatever. I say, that was a 'good witness' to the public. Get more people aware that they are cultists.

Welcome activeJW, you are now an apostate for being on an apostate board! I bet you think you can get away with counting your time you post here?

The demunz are watchin you!

• Ding
    Ding

When they get arrested for obstructing traffic, they'll feel duly persecuted.

• laverite
    laverite

This was from a few months ago, right? I remember wondering at the time I read the intitial posts "What on earth would they be doing in Croydon?!"

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

ActiveJW... why would you want to drag this post up again ??? It was posted orignally back in April and last commented on in August and suddenly re-awakened here and now in November.. Whether it was true or not, I am suprised you have bothered to drag it up now ???

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Maybe activejw (welcome! and thanks for the background info) is a recent lurker and happened upon this thread. Maybe, despite knowing about this thread for a while, s/he has only now plucked up the courage to post.

• activeJW
    activeJW

Hi and thank you for your replies:

Ambersun: "I wonder who they were" - after checking they were an Islamic group who do this in two other local places.

Soldier77: "I bet you think you can get away with counting your time that you post here" - Not at all, not 1 second of my time is recorded here, wouldn't that be a a bit tragic? If you wish to view me as an apostate for viewing this board then that is purely your decision, if it makes you sleep better, all power to you.

Laverite: "I though what on earth would they be doing in Croydon" - Croydon has 7 congregations

Hairyhegoat: "why would you want to drag this post up again?" - As AnnOMaly writes, I happened upon this thread while looking for something else just recently as I was not aware of it before. I wrote my comment simply to correct what I see as an alarming error (shall we call it?). No one is perfect, whether they be a former or current JW or someone who never cared about JWs. Put it this way, if this post happened (FOR EXAMPLE) to be on a different website saying that Harrison Ford played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, I might of been prompted to add a post and say in fact it was Mark Hamill. If people want to doubt everything, mock everything, be unsure of everything (or be sure of everything without actually knowing then fine I just thought I could give some background information on this thread, perhaps more so than the posters who answered it, not because I know everything but because I am in the location the thread talks of. Hope that answers you...and lastly, does it matter when someone replies to a post?

Curtains: "figment of someone's imagination or an embellished account" - I checked back, they were working different areas that day doing door to door and only 5 people did extra street work later that day in the Norbury area. With many things as I am sure you'll agree, some people may well be disgruntled with the JWs for whatever reason and it is true they speak perfection but are far from it but when I read something so clearly 'embellished' as you say, I just had to comment. I have also read on this site that JWs are not allowed to play Chess...next I am sure someone will post that regular publishers, aux pioneers and pioneers go to school to learn what speed to walk at...fast, medium, slow LOL I just see it as if it is true - fair enough, if it isn't - say it isn't.

• cheerios
    cheerios

the "not allowed to play chess" was a bit of an exaggeration.

i remember the magazines way back said that true christians would not learn war games, and the magazine specifically mentioned that chess was a game of war. while not coming out and saying: you are not allowed to play chess ... they did heavily imply that true christians would not do so. many dubbies started saying 'the society says you cannot play chess' even though those words didn't specifically appear in that article.

with the word games that the WT$ plays, i think they know the impact that their words will have .. it's all about control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit