Memorial Attendance Down?

by Simon Morley 25 Replies latest members meetups

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I can tell you that in half a dozen congregations here in the UK where I know what the attendance was, they were all down 10-30% on last year's figure.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Simon Morley - yes, SCA = Society for Creative Anachronism...

Good Thread!! Hope there are more 'posts' to it, as more numbers come in...

Zid

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Our cong, in the UK was 10% down on last year.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Yes, I look forward to future posts on the topic. If the trend here in the western world is the same as anywhere else - then numbers will be down and partakers up. That will get harder and harder to explain to the R&F - but not that hard to accept the ultimate reason (light) that will be shed on the topic.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Ahhh, someone beat me to it! Sorry for a repeat thread Simon.

My dad reported a 20% drop in his congregation and also in the neighbouring congregation.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

No problem Sweat Pea: Clearly this is a phenomena that R&F are burying their head in the sand over. I am waiting for the usual retort to all drop in numbers = "Sifting" vs. increase = "Blessing". I will suggest that the memorial attendance next year will be a very marginal increase - large developed world drop offset by larger undeveloped (ie little or no access to internet) increase.

Since the memorial I do not believe there has been a JW I have bumped into that has stated an increase over 2009 in the particular cong.

• lingno2
    lingno2

Is there any worldwide attendance now?, maybe a thread,

• Room 215
    Room 215

No worries; they have a rationalization prepared for every eventuality ....

• blondie
    blondie

The world attendance is not gathered any faster than the number of partakers................it will be ready for printing by the end of this year in the yearbook.

• Mary
    Mary

It was really down this year in our area. In days gone past, the main part was always filled to capacity and people would have to sit in the second school AND I've even seen them have to sit where you pick up your literature, as well as in the foyer.

This year, noone was in the second school and the main hall was only 3/4 full. I was actually somewhat shocked to see it that empty as I've never seen so few at the Memorial as this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit