Watchtower CD library for Mac?

by jwfacts 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Does anyone know if the Watchtower CD library comes in a Mac compatible version? As far as I know it does not. Or has anyone been able to crack it so it works on a Mac.

I know I can run emulation software, but don't feel like giving any more money to Microsoft for a copy of their operating system. I have just bought a couple of Mac laptops and find it so much better than Windows 7 in almost every regard that I cannot understand why people still buy PC's.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

I cannot understand why people still buy PC's.

(You can run Linux/Unix/Win XP/etc on a PC. And Win 7 does suck.)

• donuthole
    donuthole

If you have an Intel Mac the program CrossOver will allow you install/run Wachtower Library.

You can download a trial at http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

• baltar447
    baltar447

fendersn, I really can't stand when people get religious about Operating Systems. Especially when these same people follow the cult of Mr. Jobs.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A.Fendersen. You can also now run SnowLeopard on some PC's. And since it is only $AUD69 compared to $298 for Windows 7 it seems like quite a bargain.

Thanks for the advice donuthole, I will try it tonight.

Baltar447, I almost joined the cult of Jobs until I realised Apple no better from a corporate standpoint than any other of the large software companies. The only difference is their products seem to have the edge from a customer satisfaction point of view.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Totally understand what your saying. That being said,,,I switched over to Apple computers about 3 years ago. About the same time I quit using the Watchtower Society for hope. I have considered using the software that allows me to run windows software but I don't use the WT lib. that much. But if a version comes out that is Mac compatable I'll probably load it on.

LD

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Donuthole I just installed crossover and then the Watchtower library on top of it. I am amazed that it worked. It was a lot easier and cheaper than using an emulator and does not slow down my machine like VMWare did. thanks.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello JWF,

As long as you are running 10.5 or later on an Intel Mac you can run Windoze already

Boot Camp (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apple - Support - Boot Camp

You can even run it on some pre 10.5 systems but it is unsupported.

So why do you want to load your Mac with the Trojan Horse that is the WT library?!

Blessings,

Stephen

• baltar447
    baltar447

jwf, I started out on the Mac Plus, then eventually moved to PCs. Never really cared for MacOSX. My last Mac was a G4, and I use Linux systems as well. My current OS of choice is Windows 7. I am just so far beyond all the technological holy wars that people try to fan the flames of and I have no tolerance for it anymore. If someone's happy with what they have then that's fine.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Yes BootCamp works well too (I have Windows 7 on my MacBook) but it takes up a bunch of harddrive space and it isn't as convenient as loading the program directly within MacOS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit