Just Curious

by cult classic 17 Replies latest jw friends

• its_me!
    its_me!

Nevermind Asilentone, I searched it!!!! Woot!

• cult classic
    cult classic

Cracking up at you guys!

I have family in too. But it would be my pleasure for them to step to me about being on JWN. They are the most self-righteous hypocrites around!

its_me: I too would love to meet other JWNers in my area or anywhere really. I'd travel to the moon right about now for some real friends who truly understand......Glad I found you guys.

Cult Classic

• its_me!
    its_me!

Cult Classic--- I just brought up a post from about 3 months ago started by JamieBowers. It is about an Apostafest at Cedar Point, Ohio. It is coming up this summer. I want to go sooooo bad! I am already checking my school schedule for summer to see if I can make it. I think as long as it is on the weekend, I can do it. I am going to start saving the money NOW!!!!!!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Cult Classic,

When you're divorced and your JW Ex has custody of the kids you love, you take pains to avoid giving offense. You know, I know, everybody here knows there's nothing wrong with having an opinion and your own religious beliefs. But maintaining what relationship I still have with my children so I can continue being their father figure is more important to me that "being right" publicly. My Ex and the children are aware that I'm no supporter of the Watchtower, but what do I gain by risking their humiliation (or worse), when an elder reading this board decides to say that I'm a "bad association" (or an "even worse than we feared association")? So I will speak my mind anonymously, until the time comes that anonymity proves to be more hindrance than help. They know me, they see my example, so I don't need to rub their noses in it to make a point. So for now, I borrow the persona of Firesign Theater's favorite father figure:

GL Tirebiter

• cult classic
    cult classic

GL Tirebiter, I understand where you're coming from. I just don't think that being on JWN is an in your face approach simply b/c the witnesses are not supposed to be on this site. It's not like you're standing out front of their kingdom hall or anything. But I do understand not divulging all sorts of personal info. (we're all cautious on a site w/relative strangers). I was thinking more about the type of info where a lurker would have to really do some equating to figure out who we are.

• spawn
    spawn

Me I don't give "A Monkeys Arse if they know who I am" sorry shamus.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    I was thinking more about the type of info where a lurker would have to really do some equating to figure out who we are.

Still, I'm careful about which cards I show. In time they can figure out the rest of your hand, especially if a hostile custody lawyer is trying to make you look bad, and more so if you drop hints about where you live, which congregation your family is in, details of unusual encounters with witnesses, etc. Even if the chances of being found out are small, the consequences could be huge. So it's a risk I choose to avoid, and anonymity is how I do that.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

If you feel you need to make a personal decision about this, it is only tantamount on you to respect other people's personal decision. There is no such thing as a "one size fits all" decision.

Make a decision for you, and make it work. We don't walk in anyone else's shoes but our own, and the reason why someone may want to out themselves or stay anonymous should be the last subject for criticism or 2nd guessing in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit