Since millions now living will sometime retire.....

by YoursChelbie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• The Finger
    The Finger

Twenty one years ago whilst setting up a small business I had the banking chap round for a chat about insurance and such matters. He went on to me for a good half hour about starting a personal pension plan. I flatly refused.

At the time my parents were staying with us both JW's. When the bank's man left. I went into the living with a drink and we discussed it, my wife and I along with my parents. We felt it would be a lack of faith in the Faithfull Slave who had explained Jesus words (He was their head) that the generation would not pass away. I could have afforded to pay into the pension fund but how could I say I believed the end was near if I did? To do so would mean an element of doubt.

I didn't start one until some ten or so years later when I was leaving the JW's. At this time my contributions were much lower as my circumstances had changed. The financial advisor noticed that I had not taken the plan some ten years earlier and calculated that i could have retired with twice the amount of money if I had.

My retirement looks bleak to say the least. I'm hoping being such good christian men the Governing Body will reimbuse my losses.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

we've been putting:

$100 week for my wife and $100 a week for myself in 401k

we've also been putting $100 each pay period for each of our kids college fund regularly

but all of this is to null, we're gonna loose it all to the obama administrations bringing our country to bankruptcy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit