Since millions now living will sometime retire.....

by YoursChelbie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

To be encouraged by governmental authorities to save for your future retirement & as an individual foolishly decide to ignore the advice is one thing.

To be DISCOURAGED by the 'God given authority of the Governing Body Of JW's' to save for your future retirement & as an individual suffer the weight of disapproval by people who consider themselves more spiritually mature should you decide to plan for your future is another.

Amen.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hi Blondie

I'm in the UK & can only speak from my own experience.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

I know lots of Witnesses that have made provisions for retirement. I'd say it's a minority that doesn't. I've heard very few that were actually condemnatory of those that did and typically they have fallen into "pretty ignorant generally" category.

Personally I have been in the save and invest mode since I started working.

• Room 215
    Room 215

My impression is that, as time passed and cast doubt on the validity of the WTs chronology, watered-down "generation" rhetoric, etc, more JWs switched gears and began to buy into retirement programs, albeit belatedly for many of them..

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

YoursChelbie,

As a single working woman, I was well aware that the religion was NOT going to support me. So, I paid no attention when these fools said not to bother about the future. I ignored idiot remarks about 'lack of faith'. Yeah! Right. The problem is that I may not have enough but that is still better than the NOTHING that many JWs have - all thanks to the religion that told them not to bother their silly heads about such things!

I see trouble on the horizon in the congregations. The desperados there might start targeting people who seem to have a few bucks. You better run.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Yes can you imagine when cong's are encouraged to have 'POOR BOXES' by the org' like the first century Christians had?..............

So that those 'Wise Virgins' that made sure they had enough oil for the long night can start to share it with the 'Foolish Virgins?'.............................

Oh no wait, don't the Wise Virgins tell them to piss off & slam the door in their faces?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Heartofaboy,

That's right, they told them essentially to get lost and go find their own. My motto is: " You don't believe in work? Then suffer the consequences. Go complain to the religion - but don't look in my direction."

I foresee trouble there. I am glad I no longer associate.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Because of the cult I got a late start in planning for my retirement. I won't be rich, but at least I won't starve either.

W

• dgp
    dgp

Marked.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Since millions now living will sometime retire.....

Retirement is for quitters. I'm planning on dieing in the saddle.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit