Totally open for suggestions

by Heartbreaker 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Write, if you have any kind of passion for it. I did this as soon as my kids were old enough to amuse themselves for any length of time. Writing my first manuscript was very therapeutic, even if it was fiction. But I got to BE the main character, and I got to say all the things I wanted to say to my family through her and her family.

It was as much fun I suppose, as it was therapeutic :)

Tammy

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Tammy, that sounds brilliant! Have you ever shared your writings?

• tec
    tec

I actually let my family read that first manuscript, and a few friends. They're the ones who encouraged me to write another, then another... before I knew it, I was up to five manuscripts completed. After the first one though, they mostly became worlds and people that I could create for my own desire to escape from reality.

Sometimes I wonder if people get the more subtle things I put in them. Things that I dislike about human nature or things that I like.

But the writing itself is good for me, and I love it.

If you can write, then it is one of the best and most energizing ways to shove a person out of that apathy that can grab anyone from time to time.

Tammy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Join Avon. Use the skills you learnt to sell religion, to sell cosmetics. There are lots of mums and older women who are home-bound so they appreciate someone coming to them with products.

I do, and I enjoy it.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Pioneer.

• nelly136
    nelly136

do you have any skills or hobbies that you're either good at now or that you fancy getting into that you could do around the kids with the view to building it up as an earner as they get older and you have more time.

on my to-do list is indian head massage and natural face lift massage (hopefully at some point before everything sags too far into oblivion) obviously thats not what a lot of pepes would want to do but it'll do for an example of a hobby that could be a potential earner

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sounds like you need to increase your field ministry and become more regular at the meetings.

Seriously, do what YOU like to do. If it is reading and posting on JWN, don't feel guilty about it unless it is negatively affecting your family. Also, something as simple as walking for an hour or so in the sunshine can be VERY healthy for both heart and mind.

• 2pink
    2pink

well hello there

i feel ya...the last few months have been crazy for me just like they have been for you. it's hard to find a new focus when there is a constant sh*tstorm whirling around you, right??

some things i have done recently that have really not given me a new focus yet, but have been awesome for my well being and attitude:

went back to school-i know you toyed around with this one. any way you could take even one class next semester?? seriously, just getting out there and learning a new subject, hearing new people express new ideas and opinions, heaing myself express new ideas and opinions---heaven!!! as much as the work has been a pain, i've loved that part of it.

changed/changing my personal appearance--started small, with my hair. then i got a new purse. snowballed from there and next month i will be sporting a new set of *ahem* girls and the tattoo i've always wanted on my back.

how about travelling? if you are short on cash, just a quick road trip wtih some girlfriends?? never know what you might find and you're sure to have some laughs along the way. road trippin is my favorite....unplanned is always the best.

doing some random thing you've never done before...the other night some girlfriends and i (all married) went to a gay club just cause we'd never gone to one before! funnest night i've had in a long time. i have decided gay ppl are more fun than straight ppl...haha. and they had great music too.

anyway, hang in there...i know it sucks to hit those rough patches where you just feel so directionless. but i think that is normal...it's just that as JWs we were taught that was bad and would lead to satans traps.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Open up a brokerage account at either Scottrade, E-Trade, TD Ameritrade, or wherever, and take up the challenge of the greatest game in the world.

It will change the way think for the rest of your life.

Judge Dread

• flipper
    flipper

HEARTBREAKER- Do you have any interests or hobbies that you used to enjoy before having children that you would like to srart up again ? Do you and your husband enjoy going on walks together ? Bike riding ?Tennis ? Do you enjoy dancing ? Golf ? Or just listening to your favorite recording music artists can be relaxing. I know I have to commute about an hour and a half every day- listening to my favorite rock and blues artists really makes the drive more enjoyable. Make sure to take time for yourself - anyone who is a parent understands. I had 3 kids ( all adults now grown and moved ) so you'll encounter the empty nest syndrome in time as well - you'll cross that bridge when it comes also. Just take time for you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit