Totally open for suggestions

by Heartbreaker 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I need a new focus. I come here too often. Having a lot of kids, it's easy to be wrapped up in taking care of them, and letting them be your center, but they are all gettting to that age of having their own thing. My husband and I are good about taking time out to do things as a couple, and I've tried to get a new job off the ground.

I just still feel empty, and find myself getting sad about things that I should let me get sad. I wish I had a place, and I'm realizing I really don't have one. I'm not really integral for anything anymore. I just need a new focus, something to try.

So...totally open to hearing what YOU would do if you had the time/money/desire (within reason)

Thanks in advance for the chiming in :)

• asilentone
    asilentone

take a look at www.caretaker.org , if you have never thought about that, do it.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Hang gliding or paragliding. I am serious.

www.USHPA.org

• asilentone
    asilentone

gerard, looks cool!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

If you enjoy kids, there are many volunteer opportunities. You could look into being a big sister or an advocate.

• man in black
    man in black

volunteer for one of your "passions:

personally I got more into helping farm animals when my kids grew up.

I'm a humane investigator for the state of Illinois,, volunteer, I love it.

PM me and I'll "friend" you on facebook, I have tons of pictures posted there, and I love every minute of it

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Oh, lets not get crazy, there is still more than a handful under foot and roof, just that they can get up, dress for the day and play independently. Sheesh the youngest is 5!

So maybe something a little less intensive on the give back, and more on the take. I've given and given for a long time. Been a mom for 17 years, straight.

Still open to more suggestions, and checking out that hanggliding!

Oh, and I came THISCLOSE to volunteering in the Down Sydrome Guild....scheduling conflict got me.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Read.

Go to a church you know you will DISAGREE with, and just observe. Sometimes you will learn about yourself, sometimes, you will learn about others.

Listen to Glenn Beck. Then beat the hell out of a pinata. (that was a joke...)

Take a chance. :)

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Jeff, thank you. I could just kiss ya right now. I do need to take a chance. I'll find one. Then I shall blame it on you should it go poorly

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Damn, I forgot to mention the warranty on my advice.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit