who had a child molester in their congregation ?

by looloo 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• its_me!
    its_me!

I am willing to bet that there is at least one in every congregation! It seems that they know that they can get away with it in a religious setting, especially within the JW one.

• flipper
    flipper

LOOLOO- There was a long time child molester in a new congregation ( new to me ) I had started attending in 1998. Apparently this jerk had gotten away with molesting 7 young children in the local congregations through the years - but no one reported it. After the first Watchtower study I attended- a brother rushed the stage right after the meeting- grabbed the microphone from the elder and yelled to the 150 in attendance, " Brother so and so sitting over THERE is a child molester. If you love your children you will protect them from him ! " That brother yelling that out became my new hero ! I thought to myself- " Right on. Someone believes in justice. The elder grabbed the mike back and said to the audience " brothers and sisters , the elders are aware of this and we are handling it. " Damage control.

But it wasn't until years later in 2006 after I had exited the witnesses and learned HOW MUCH child abuse had been a problem and it had been hidden in the witnesses- that I understood the brother's decision to grab the microphone announcing the abuser to the congregation. To him, I'm sure it seemed like the ONLY way any justice would be done towards the abuser ! I totally get that. If I knew then, what I know now- I would have done the same thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit