who had a child molester in their congregation ?

by looloo 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Room 215
    Room 215

We had two that I know of in our congregation

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Franklin and Elkins, NH back in the late 70s early 80s.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Not too long ago my Dad told me there was one in their previous congregation which would have been the one we would have attended had we been more into the cancer when I was a kid. Totally creeps me out!

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I didn't know about this, but there was an elder in my hall who gave me guitar lessons for a few years. He had a stepdaughter I had a HUGE crush on for the longest time. So I tried to buddy-up with him to make it happen (because when you're a naive, ignorant 14-year-old JW boy, these things make sense), and needless to say it didn't work. There always seemed to be this weird vibe between him and his stepdaughter anyway, like an elephant in the room nobody would talk about. The girl's mom seemed to be a nice person, but mentally off a little bit, like she was constantly under a lot of stress and had to fake like she wasn't.

I recently got back in contact with the girl and turns out her elder stepdad molested her from the time she was 6 until she was 12, and his wife (her mother) was right there in the bed while it happened (I always wondered why she was popping anti-depressants like candy). Talk about a fucked up situation. I idolized that guy, too. He seemed to be the epitome of the "cool elder." It kind of shocked me when I find out but at the same time it didn't. I think I always knew there was something wrong between those two.

• looloo
    looloo

deserter , what you said about this elder being"cool" reminds me of the one i knew , he had 2 teenage daughters when i first met him ,and i actually remember thinking how great it must be for them having such a young (mid 30s) cool dad , who was always organising games of rounders and days out with all his daughters friends for "them" (him morelike ) years later after i found out he had abused my daughter when he was 43 , i find out he was actually having underage sex and abusing at least 3 of his daughters friends at that time ,and the elders told me they believed that there were many more ! he came across as very helpful and caring and kind but had a dark side and was very cruel and violent to the girls . so trust nobody !

• VIII
    VIII

I can quickly think of 3 right off the top of my head:

Brother *F* who was a MS and was molesting both daughters.

Brother *Q* who was the father of at least 6 and was a serial molestor in the neighorhood who went to jail and was also a Peeping Tom and Flasher.

Brother *K* who was molesting his stepdaughter, natural born daughter and son. The daughter and son were both *slow* and he took advantage of that and told them never to tell anyone when daddy touched them. The older stepdaughter he threatened with throwing out of the house. Ends up the mother knew all along it was going on.

There are more. Our cong was a seeming hotbed of sexual predators.

• petitebrunette
    petitebrunette

My ex-husband"s Uncle had a sexual relationship with his daughter for years! Everyone wondered about it. The Grandmother went to the elders and he denied it. Once when the daughter had attention from a worldly boy the father shaved her head. Later when she was married w/kids, she came out and told everyone. He of course denied it, the wife stayed with him. She's had a lot of family support. She had a lot of problems from it. Sick! He was still in the congregation last I heard.

• looloo
    looloo

omg , that is dreadfull, so the mother took his side , she needs locking up with him !

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

My last congregation had at least one. A super-zealous anti-catholic pioneer. He disappeared a few years ago when the police started looking for him. He's still on the run as far as I know. He did like to babysit some kids in the congregation (not mine thankfully). I don't think he was ever DF or even reproved, even though everyone knows what he was up to, he hasn't been convicted yet.

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

I have 2 that I know of in my congregation. Who knows how many there actually are there...

One was a JW the whole time he was molesting his kids. He still is a JW today. I found out about him through a member of his family.

The other was convicted prior to becoming a JW. I found his record in the sexual predator database one day.

My congregation doesn't even have 100 people in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit