Another newbie... so to speak

by joeblow 37 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

JOEBLOW- Welcome to the board my friend. Good to have you here. I'm so sorry about the abuse you suffered - please know you are not alone. Many here have suffered similarly. Just know you are among people who care and understand. Look forward to your takes and posts

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi Joeblow,

Welcome & I am glad you joined the board. All the best for the journey ahead!

Mattieu..........

• joeblow
    joeblow

jamiebowers: I basically did the same thing almost everyone does when abused as a child... suppressed it deep down and never spoke of it to anyone. It's only recently that I've been able to even admit to myself it wasn't my fault etc etc. The person who did it... no idea where he is, and have no desire to find him.

I have semi-regular contact with my DF'd brother (it's my brother, not my sister who was DF'd). We are not a close family by any definition, so... the contact I do have is actually the same DF'd or not. When he was DF'd I refused to cut him off like I was told I had to.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome joeblow

Why am I here? Why did I stumble on this forum? Well... Memorial.

Sounds like the proverbial "happy accident" to me :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Hi, and welcome! Your story is eerily similar to mine. I was a born-in, and felt pressured into getting baptized when I graduated high school. It took me until my early thirties as well, to break away completely, after years of going throught the motions.

But whatever you do, don't make the mistake of turning your back on Scripture like the ex-JW atheists and God-haters on this site have done;

Whatever you do, don't make the mistake of being brainwashed into believing Jonathan Dough's beliefs are somehow less silly and childish then the JWs. Don't trade one form of manipulation for another. Enjoy your freedom.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

jamiebowers: I basically did the same thing almost everyone does when abused as a child... suppressed it deep down and never spoke of it to anyone. It's only recently that I've been able to even admit

to myself it wasn't my fault etc etc. The person who did it... no idea where he is, and have no desire to find him.

I'm sory to hear that. I hope you've taken care of the damage done to you.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Welcome Joe! I am so sorry that you were abused as a child. It is amazing to me just how many people it has happened to. I am also trying to juggle fading and family. I don't think I can do it much longer, it is like walking a tightrope all the time!! I hope that you will find comfort here in the fact that you are not alone! So many here have gone through much the same situation! Welcome! It is nice to meet you!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Hi Joe. Wanted to add my welcome to the forum. I was "in" for over thirty years. My husband was an elder for twenty.

We are both out together. Not df'd, and don't care. We'll never set foot in a KHall again.

We are considered "dangerous" by the congregation after "going against the elders" when they df'd our teen daughter over petty stuff. So we have no contact with any JWs anymore.

Glad you are able to live your own life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit