No privileges but working on new building project?

by juci32 11 Replies latest jw friends

• juci32
    juci32

My hubby and his fellow WT Crew are building a new hall and he is working several days a week for the next few months picking up steel, security etc.... Thats fine and dandy if thats what you wanna do but, he doesn't have any privileges in the hall and he's been reaching out for months but they keep telling him to wait.

What I don't understand is.... If they won't grant him any privileges in the cong., then why is he "privileged" to work on a building project? Also, why in the world are they building halls when the end is so imminent? The halls are only halfway full anyways, why not combine with another congos to save money and time *scratches head*

• blondie
    blondie

That is strange. Usually you have to fill out a form (like for Bethel) to the RBC to be allowed to work unless it is your KH. Perhaps he has outstanding construction skills..........

• juci32
    juci32

Yes he does Blondie, he just got his commenting privs back and it is his Hall . He looks like he doesn't wanna do it but he knows he has too or else he'd NEVER get all his privs back.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I had my privileges taken away from me, they still want me to help the brothers build the Kingdom Hall since it was my congregation building it. They need all the help they can get. If I want to build another kingdom hall far away, they would turn me away.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Privileges are not all that important. They will use him and abuse him. Try to get through to him that commenting is plenty. Sit back and relax at the KH while others have their privileges. Meanwhile, prioritize things at home and with family.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I agree with you, otwo.

• man in black
    man in black

They will use him and abuse him, Amen I hear you,,,, I dealt with that for several years.

It was one of the reasons that got me out of this religion

• dissed
    dissed

Local needs = They will use anyone

We used a DF'd person who had a Equipment Rental Business because he donated all the tools. no one questioned his credentials, except for one local Elder who the RBC quickly put down as being overly judgemental.

• juci32
    juci32

Freakin unbelievable! They won't talk to a dissed person , but they will "use" them for building! PUH!

• peaches
    peaches

THIS must be very hard for the both of you.....hang in there....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit