Smoking Tobacco Really That Bad?

by frankiespeakin 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
  • mindmelda
    mindmelda

Only for your lungs. Otherwise, it's great. Nicotine is better than cocaine for making you feel terrific. You don't think people are smoking because they like sucking in smoke do you?

If that was true, you'd see people hanging their heads over campfires and inhaling deeply just for fun.

• frankiespeakin
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I occasionally enjoy a good Cuban Cigar..

Sigmund Freud typicaly smoked 20 cigars a day..He said it helped him think..

Eventually he rotted the roof of his mouth ..It was replaced with a plastic plate..

After nearly 40 years of what by any estimation was an unusually heavy cigar habit
    , Freud developed a leukoplakic growth in his mouth, which later turned out to be cancer of the soft palate..
    Freud worked and smoked up to the very end of his life at age 83.....by Evan J. Elkin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/el-profesor-freud.jpg

...................... ...OUTLAW

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Oh, I was thinking of cigarettes, the most common form of tobacco used.

But, yeah, cigars and chewing tobacco are less hard on the lungs, but wreck havoc on the mouth tissues. Pipes too.

It stinks and ruins your health, so it's not for me. Staying healthy is a huge priority for me, so I don't like cigarettes. But then again, I resent the idea of being df'd/shunned over it, and the "don't defile the body" scripture the JWs base this on could also be applied to fatties who eat junk food.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

I actually had a almost judicial committee over this... I said I didn't see how smoking was a "moral" issue.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Smoking was banned by the JWS for its apparent bad image as portrayed outwardly to the public,

a type of visual sin that god's chosen people should never do or been seen doing.

Over the years much more information has been gathered on the health aspects of

tobacco smoke and it effects onto the general population. This is the year 2010 now just to remind everyone.

That video put out by the old guy, revolves around the fact that his father smoked most of his life

and didn't contact cancer or heart disease and he himself is a smoker and hasn't contacted cancer either .....Big Deal.

Sounds to me he was just mouthing off because he cant smoke where he wants to or where he use to.

Yes its true that certain people who moderately smoke for their duration of their life may not contact cancer

or the other ailments associated with tobacco smoke, but thats more due to a genetic aversion to cancer itself.

The damage to ones own personal health and others is a real one, not to be assumed as a light possibility.

I smoked for 15 years steady and stopped 15 years ago. I can verify clearly how smoking can F... up

your health with assured confidence.

• Razziel
    Razziel

If you're looking for lifelong smokers who die of old age (like the guy in the video) they aren't hard to find. Only around 20% actually get lung cancer. When you factor in all of the other illnesses that smoking can cause, then the odds go up to 60-65% of dying from something related. But that still leaves 35-40% of the 1+ billion smokers in the world to post videos on youtube when they get old saying that it didn't hurt them.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

97 reasons to stop smoking......... do you need more

http://www.health.com/health/condition-article/0,,20210803,00.html?pkw=PSHEGLTX122809CNND1962&partner=yes&gclid=CLTM3Ins7aACFQVZbAod_khEVA

Here's another, smokers spend @ $200.00 a month on their habit in North America, $2,400.00 a year ( a nice 2 week vacation in the tropics )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit