The 14,400-Anointed JWs, are they only whites no people of color???

by Scott77 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Scott,

I forgot an important component. My ggf was remnant. No one in my gm's generation felt they qualified. During the 1950s and 1960s, it was shocking for anyone who was not very old to partake. Indeed, the entire congregation watched as the emblems were passed around. The thought was that something spooky would happen if someone not in Russell's time frame or Rutherford early's period participated. Indeed, our overseer decided he was anointed in his thirties. It was so shocking that the older congregation members contacted Bethel. Bethel whitewashed it. The old timers proclaimed no way!

It is very different today. I wonder if so many people decided they were anointed. YOu never read about partakers being mentally ill in my day. No, they were very respected. If anyone knows how the culture changed, I would be very interested. There has to be a reason why so many decided they were entitled. Someone did not read the memo. Now the GB being the FDS seems a move to counter the remnant being so populous. I was taught that Armageddon would not happen until the last remant died. So we are talking 60 years ago. Also, we always refer to anointed, not as anointed but as remnant members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit