ARRGH - Post Memorial Calls

by Simon Morley 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

If you want to 'fade' in peace....I wouldnt bring up doctrinal stuff at all. I suggest that you keep it mild but firm. Say that you have both been feeling very stressed with life in general and that you want to take time out for each other etc etc. They cant disfellowship you for that and if they suggest shepherding visits you can say assertively...'No thank you but no...we really want some space for now but we'll ring you if we need to .' Then whatever they say or suggest just repeat this. No brainer....they'll be stuck...wish to goodness I'd done this...long ago...

Loz x

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Loz,

Very wise advice.

Don't argue....and DON'T SHARE if you're trying to fade away.

Stick to your guns....smile...avoid calls, change your voicemail, delete emails, don't answer Facebook.

FADE..............

• Think About It
    Think About It

If you give anykind of reply, stay away from doctrinal stuff, but flip it onto the religion itself. You are tired, stressed, depressed, burnt out, etc. This religion requires all these meetings, all these assemblies, all this bible study, all this FS time, all these other activities, nothing is ever good enough, you are always pushed to do more, you feel the friends are unloving or uncaring, etc. That puts them on the defense without resorting to doctrinal issues and they can't defend those overwhelming things that bring a person down.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit