ARRGH - Post Memorial Calls

by Simon Morley 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Seems that our 1st non attendance at the memorial has put us on the "1 sheep out of 100 radar". We have been inundated with calls (we usually do a good job of screening) and the drop by in service Wed, Thurs and yesterday of some of the die/blowhards. I fully expect another in about an hour.

I have no interest in engaging in any discussion and wonder if any one of you have the "kill 'em in their tracks" comeback phrase - that is to the point, polite and does not trigger the "ohh they sound apostate" drivel.

It has been three months since not attending any meeting or being involved in the FS. We were just beginning to enjoy getting our lives back and both my wife an I noticed a marked drop in our own stress levels, arguments and imporved physical well-being. The truth has certainly set us free!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Find the scripture that indicates that everyone should partake, until Jesus returns. Does this sound like there should be people that are just observing?

Or, what about the description where everyone in attendance was able to observe everyone else partaking. I believe that Jesus set that up for a reason: He wanted to make sure that everyone in attendance was in agreement with the core teachings. If one is going to use this as an example, one must set it up so everyone in attendance is able to see whether everyone else is partaking or not. This is not the case at the Kingdumb Hell: Those in the front cannot observe those in the back or in other rooms, and those in other rooms cannot observe those in the main auditorium.

• poppers
    poppers

We were just beginning to enjoy getting our lives back and both my wife an I noticed a marked drop in our own stress levels, arguments and imporved physical well-being.

Why not say this?

• moshe
    moshe

"Will a blood transfusion save the life of a starving man?" -ask them that one and watch the wheels turn- uhh, uhh- they want to say "No", but if they do, they realize that they will have no way to defend the entire WT, no-blood-transfusion dogma that rests on the original Jewish, "do not eat blood", laws.- And then the next bombshell hits their brain, if the WT no-blood-dogma is false then they and the WT org have blood guilt for the deaths of thousands of JW's who died from refusing a blood transfusion. Suddenly, the JW religion is looking like a false religion. I doubt they will come back to get another dose of WT-truth medicine from you.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Moshe: Can you help me understand the line of reasoning - starving man"? Maybe I have not had enough coffee yet!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Tell them to prove there is such a thing as a literal 144,000. It's impossible: http://144000.110mb.com/144000/index.html#II Accordingly, the entire ritual is a hoax. And ask them why they continue to partake when they were to stop when Jesus returned, which they claim he did in 1914, and is present (the parousia). They should have stopped by now. And have them explain the 144,000 dog-and-pony show countdown, that the 144,000 number was surpassed centuries ago.

Tell them it's a false religion.

• moshe
    moshe

If a blood transfusion will not save the life of a starving man, then it is not food for the body and as such is not part of the command to , " not eat blood", nor would abstaining from blood transfusions be the same as the added burden to abstain from blood that was given to the 1st century Christians and applied to JW's today, either- who got their ideas from Jewish Christians. Think about this- if blood transfusions violated the original Jewish laws on not eating blood, then why do Jewish doctors administer blood transfusions in Jewish hospitals? That point is one that is Never explained away in the WT publications- just ignored. The logical meaning for "abstain" in the context given to 1st century readers was, do not eat, any other definition, is dishonest journalism.

• nelly136
    nelly136

really sorry to have missed you at the hall but we both had a dire case of squits n squirts and didnt want to infect anyone.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I have no interest in engaging in any discussion and wonder if any one of you have the "kill 'em in their tracks" comeback phrase - that is to the point, polite and does not trigger the "ohh they sound apostate" drivel.

I just left and never attended again. Oddly enough, although an elder I really only got a couple of "encouragement" visits. I never got controversial, because I just wanted everyone (particularly the older sisters) to remember us as we were when we left. I would just tell them that because of all this religion requires from a person that right now you are just tired & depressed. They will soon accept your inactivity and you can move on.

Think About It

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Thanks TAI: That is what I was looking for, I want to avoid the trap of engaging them in doctrinal issues as the out is the "well the last time I called on Simon he mention this about (insert doctrinal challalenge here) - he sounds like an apostate..."

I will use that line - I like it. I was also thinking about just saying that "I have been doing a lot of praying and my conscience is troubled by that fact that I dedicated my life to God with a selfish motive of survival into the new system. I need to come to terms with that before I come back" I know that many R&F are only thinking about their own skins and harbour gloatish feelings about mass destruction and execution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit