Zeitgeist, just nonsense? Please explain.

by cyberjesus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

NL, they don't tie them all together, they are separate subjects but show how they've been manipulated by the powers at hand throughout the ages.

Ah, gotcha. I was reading the article on it on Wikipedia and I couldn't figure out how the three were tied together.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

I know to truly have peace on this planet though, we have to get rid of things like money, borders, religion and government.

Some of those things are really useful, and seem almost impossible to remove from human existence if you want to retain some modicum of human culture and avoid outright barbarism.

Money: Without it, trade would crumble and most people would starve to death. And remember, it's the *love* of money that's the root of all evil. ;-)

borders: I don't want you in my house poking around while I'm away, no offence and nothing personal, so I'd like to maintain my property borders.

religion: ...good call.

government: It's really just "legitimized" organized crime--in its absence, you have a more brutally honest organized crime, heavy on the brutal. How about a government that was actually conceptually very straight-forward and limited, so much so that even your garden-variety moron couldn't look at its constitutional document and declare that its founders meant something 180-degrees from what they obviously meant. Limited to, oh, I don't know, protect its citizens and their property from the initiation of force or fraud, period. That might be nice. :-)

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

government: It's really just "legitimized" organized crime

It's not rape, it's just sex you didn't know you wanted!

Both are equally valid statements.

• Robert7
    Robert7

What I liked about the movie, is it was the first major thing to make me truly think that Jesus maybe didn't exist (as a true savior). Whether the facts are right or not (and I do agree that some things are quite far-fetched), it caused me to think more critically, and I continued to further research the Bible and Jesus himself. It helped me see that Jesus and the Bible are just rehashed myths, and are no more unique than the other myths.

The creators of Zeitgeist state that their intention is to spur thought and discussions, and for me it truly did.

• chapstick
    chapstick

Most everyone's right when it comes to cherrypicking information for their own needs. The 9/11 false flag hogwash is just one example. The global warming "conspiracy" is an example of taking factual information (the globe is warming) and relating it's cause to an excess of co2. That's nothing but a way to make money from a natural process. What "they" don't tell you is that increases in co2 are a result of a warming globe; not the other way around. If we're not careful these guys are going to rob us ALL blind with cap and trade. Zeitgeist falls into the same catagory. All kinds of "conspiracies" and other BS are associated with it. The idiots who think there is one or several men "running the world" really take the cake. A lot of information in the documentary Zeitgeist is legit. Much of the information (like the multiple "historical" Christ like figures who died like and led lives very similar to the Christ story are pretty much true. A lot of the material for Zeitgeist came from research by Jordan Maxwell. He doesn't take any credit for it because much of his information was distorted. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, historical facts are indeed stranger than fiction. One thing I do find interesting of late is the 2012 uproar. Something major IS gonna happen either because some of the old prophets and Shaymen knew something or just the expectation of an event happening will cause a lot of people to act stupit and do stupid things. So I feel comfortable prophesying a major even in the latter part of 2012.

If you really want to read something fascinating check out the sort story by Isaac Asimov that I posted an hour or so ago. It's 1950's Science Fiction but fits right in with this board.

chapstick (chappy)

• Weeping
    Weeping

I was conned into watching a portion of it. I turned in off. The only conspiracy is the the conspiracy of Satan to turn you away from Christ. I may do some research on the filmaker. I'm certain he will have ties with satanic organisations.

• chapstick
    chapstick

Weeping,

Why do you worry about a piss ant like satan? The only power this satan charactor has is what you let it have! Satan's the one who doesn't want you to look at things. The only way to find the truth about anything is look, read and consider. "Satanic" organizations only have one thing - the name satan. They depend on you being afraid of this satan guy/

chappy

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

government: It's really just "legitimized" organized crime

It's not rape, it's just sex you didn't know you wanted!

Both are equally valid statements.

(Overlooked this until recently)

Care to clarify what you mean?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Care to clarify what you mean?

I mean that calling government (in the general sense) "legalised" organized crimed make as much sense as calling rape just sex you didn't know you wanted. By definiton, if something is legal, it's not crime.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

Well, I said "legitimized," not "legalized," and the quotes I used were important. I meant it in the sense that for some reason, people believe that the government is in some way a legitimate authority over them, though (unless they immigrated here) they at no point explicitly agreed to subjugate themselves to its whims. Where does the government gain the authority to tell you what to do, if you don't willingly give it to them? From God? Obviously not. So is it then from the consent of the governed? I never signed off on that.

They're bullies, no more legitimate than the mob, but "legitimate" in exactly the same manner as the mob: they'll rob/imprison/kill you if you don't do as you're told.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit