Who will be the next 'king of the north'?

by YoYoMama 29 Replies latest jw friends

• YoYoMama
  • mike047
    mike047

A Republican.

• Gopher
    Gopher

You're implying CHINA will be the next king of the north?

Then why not INDIA to be the king of the south, after all, they have nuclear arms and are located SOUTH of China.

Didn't the old "Your Will Be Done on Earth" book, from the WT Society in 1958, which did a verse-by-verse misinterpretation of the book of Daniel, state that the communist powers would remain and persecute God's people all the way until the end of the time of the end? If so, the end must have come in about 1989!!

Oh I do hope they make another guess about the King of the North. We have been waiting for at least 12 years!! Then we'll have another item to chalk up in the "JW false prophecy" category!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• roybatty
    roybatty

I thought EVERYONE knew who the new king of the north is! It's the Chicago Bears!!!!
    GO BEARS!!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yeah roybatty, as if a few lucky bounces and miraculous finishes qualify as a fulfillment of Bible prophecy!! LOL!! (Vikings fan shaking in his boots at the new monsters of the midway)

Oh roy, you didn't notice, the question didn't ask who is the CURRENT king of the north, which I acknowledge "Da Bears" could be. Instead, it asks who the NEXT king is... and all I can say is, "The Pack is Back".

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• voltaire
    voltaire

It never ceases to amaze me that the WT thinks that prophecies can only be interpreted AFTER their fulfillment. If the society is directed by God in some special way, let's hear an interpretation of Daniel's prophecy NOW. Who is it going to be? No hints or intimations. Of course, explaining prophecies before hand is tricky business that has got the WT into quite a bit of hot water over the years. On second thought, better stick to after the fact explanations. They're not so impressive, but they're safer.

• ISP
    ISP

the King of the North saga.....IMO....shows how utterly uninspired the WTS are! The FDS doctrine is exposed as a fraud.

ISP

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

how ludicrous ... china have the mcdonalds arch and the olympic rings - how can they possibly be an adversary ?

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

The king of the South.. king of the North...blah blah blah blah...I grew up as a dub and I can tell you the dubs have every base covered!!"It will come as a thief in the night....."When you hear these things then the end will come....No matter what happens in this world the witnesses think it is a prophesy coming true.When things are good its a sign, when things are bad its a sign!!!If you are out there Jehovah..shit or get off the pot!!! How much more does the human race have to take!! I remember as a kid sitting on the front porch with the orange "Paradise" book telling my school chums that the end is near and if you are not a J.W, buildings are gonna fall on you and kill you!!That was over 30 years ago!!Remember that book?!! Then there is the picture of the lion licking the lamb being so nice....give me break!! Lets no forget that lions have insisors designed to rip flesh and hold prey!! What happened Jehovah? did you forget how you made your own animals? Witnesses are masters of manipulation and everything they cannot explain they chalk up to as "only Jehovah knows the heart condition"...Before I get into a full blown rant I just want to say that I believe in a higher being....but I have a hard time believing that the dubs are the only chosen cheerleaders of this worlds religions....Waygooder64

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Once they get the NWO one world order in place and we're all one happy planet the King of the North will have to be aliens come from The constellation of Orion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit