Immunizations?

by crazy2try 27 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Why the hell were her kids with a foster mother anyway? Shit parenting is why! F**k her! The kids need to be vaccinated...

• White Dove
    White Dove

So, a messed up mom is upset because someone cares enough to get her children appropriate medical care?! What about appropriate mothering care? Guess the messed up mom isn't thinking about that.

My mom made sure we girls were both vaccinated as per school policy. I looked in my baby book and found my baby shot records that were up to date, too.

When I get sick, I get VERY sick. So I'm glad for any and all vaccinations against those illnesses. Never had a bad reaction from one, either, and never got sick again from the type of disease it was protecting me from: flu, swine flu, and all the major ones. I'm very pro-inoculation.

• blondie
    blondie

Some parents are concerned about immunizations. Some feel a chemical in flu shots causes autism.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Some feel a chemical in flu shots causes autism.

It might be mentioned that this has been firmly rejected by the conventional medical profession, and that court rulings have held that there is no evidence this is true.

While this thread is probably no place for the autism debate, there is a fringe treatment called "chelation" which is promoted by the believers in the autism connection as a possible "cure" for autism. This is a potentially dangerous procedure (actually it was used in cases of gross heavy metal poisonings where the risk was deemed worthy) and has never been proven to be of benefit. Several children have died while undergoing this procedure.

Understandably, many parents facing this unknown disease (autism) may be tempted to grasp at straws.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sorry if anyone thought it was true about this chemical based on my information. I just said that some parents, people, think that way and I'm sure with that information that came out they still believe that chemical is dangerous and won't accept immunization for their children or themselves.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I know Blondie, maybe I was just over-reacting due to all the conspiracy theory threads lately.

Anyway, the thread was a good reminder of how weird JW teachings on medical stuff can linger on for decades - especially when they don't clearly come out and say they have dropped the idea.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Today I just learned that a local jw known by my wife and I, refused all vaccinations for his 5 year old son. He's old enough to possibly remember the former wt ban on vaccinations and that may have factored into his anti vaccination viewpoint. On the other hand he's a believer in all the latest conspiracy theories regarding vaccinations, commercial planes spraying chemicals in the atmosphere, government involvement in sept 11th, etc, etc.

His reasons really do not matter. What matters is that his decisions are putting his son at risk. His wife is filipino so they take trips to the philippines. I would think he is at greater risk for contracting something that he should have been vaccinated for.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I think most Witness parents get their children vaccinated. But, my friends were worried about vaccinations, not because of the blood issue, but because of side effects. Because, many parents with autistic children believe a particular vaccine caused their children to be autistic. I'm not saying it does, but it's a controversial, medical issue, not a religious one.

I have a question though, why is her children in foster care? She sounds like a Bible study to me and not a Witness yet. I just get that feeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit