Good books against evolution?

by bohm 52 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

After reading 'The greatest show on earth' by Dawkins, i have been intrigued by how biblical literalists explain the many findings that seem to support evolution and contradict various parts of the bible. In doing to i have browsed around on AiG but i have generally felt let down by the quality of evidence and interpretations they present. So i would like to ask all non-evolutionists: If i wanted to learn more about the physical case against evolution, what books should i read?

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Darwin on Trial by Phillip Johnson. He destroys the evolutionists, buries them. It's a must read.

http://www.amazon.com/Darwin-Trial-Phillip-E-Johnson/dp/0830813241/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270135837&sr=1-1

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The all-time bestseller: Genesis.

• Terry
    Terry

There are big problems with a non-scientist getting into technical areas and trying to understand them.

For one thing, experts know more than we do.

Experts are on both sides of these arguments.

Arguments or debates usually end up with one guy quoting his experts and the other guy quoting another batch on the other side!

Quote wars are boring. Nobody really reads them, do they?

It is a non-debate.

So, now what do you do?

An intellectually dishonest person does this: They select experts that agree with what they already think and ignore the others!

What does an intellectually honest person do? They try and read both sides of an issue.

But--what good does that do if it is highly technical and mountains of evidence are sifted, interpreted and framed in contradictory ways?

That is the conundrum.

I have had to simply stay away from Evolution as an argument to participate in. I can't understand certain things which are explained over and over again and then contradicted over and over again.

It is above my pay grade!

Until I get smarter (ain't gonna happen) I have to remain on the sidelines.

So, now what?

Read this:

http://scienceandcreation.blogspot.com/2009/04/hugh-ross-on-evolution.html

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Interestingly however many books are published attempting to disprove evolution, the world around us continues to evolve.

We learnt about the limitations of books from all those WT publications that turned out to be laughably wrong. Books are just opinions unless they they can prove or demonstrate their assertions beyond any doubt.

Books fall into two categories, fiction or non-fiction. Often so called fiction books contain more facts that books that claim to be non-fiction. Let the reader beware!

Reality happens.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

There are a few books that reconcile BOTH and those are, in my view, far better than those that think Evolution has all the answers and those that think evolution has none.

• Chalam
  • bohm
    bohm

Thanks Jonathan!

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

the Creator book published by jws? i heard that was a real good one.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Most christians, including the former Pope ( don't know how the cureect one stands on it) accept evolution as a fact of how life evolved from its creation, including man.

Many books you find countering atheisim ( like those mentioned by Stephen) mention evolution because too many athiests make it the corner stone of their attack on Theisim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit