Is it just me or do people who think they have some special inside relationship with God come off like self-absorbed lunatics?

by gubberningbody 21 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I mean, I know I'm self-absorbed, however I don't think I have or ever will have some relationship with God that everyone else doesn't likewise have.

And GEEZ! Knock off the paragraphs upon paragraphs of blah, blah, blah..."and that's how I know I'm so special." stuff.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

So long as they abide by the 11 Rules below, we must either tolerate or ignore them.

But, sure, many here probably agree with your conclusion.

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's not just you. My parents were like this for years. Sucks to get old though, because now, my Mom is dead (yeah, that's right... the Big 'A' DIDN'T come!) and my Dad can't remember what day it is or understand that the dental invoice he's looking at is from 2 years ago!!

• behemot
    behemot

Lunatics get along well with one another

;-)

• badseed
    badseed

Not only do they come off like, but they are lunatics. Read their stuff if it entertains you.

• behemot
    behemot

If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

- Thomas S. Szasz, The Second Sin, Anchor/Doubleday, Garden City, NY. 1973, page 113

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Is it just me or do people who think they have some special inside relationship with God come off like self-absorbed lunatics?

It's you. You are a judgmental twit. Lunatics can't help themselves. Judgmental twits can.

Farkel

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

I thinl that your relationship with the creator is your business, and I can't quote the Bible verse but it says something along the lines that your a hypocrite if you pray long and loud with the door open. Evangelicals freak me out the way they swing and pray. Its like watching people having sex (ugly, married people with lots of kids that have missionary, boring sex, not 2 hot people LOL), it should be a personal thing.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

NO, it's not just you. But, I like to hear people ramble on about what they believe. It tells me a lot about them. Not always informative about anything else, but it is a good way to tell if someone is reasonably sane or not.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

leavingwt... It was that kind of crap that used to make me sick when Bible thumpers would hit on me in HS, and I'd listen while they practiced their emoting...then I got hit over the head and the swelling took 25 years to get over it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit