Suppose a worldly person knows too much about the WTS

by dgp 29 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"what average american knows who the prime minister of Canada even is??..."

Ana dote, it may not be the dumb American who does not know the answer, but I'll admit it- the arrogant American (like me) who just doesn't give a crap!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ana_dote,

No, I am not offended by the dumb-American comment because I happen to agree with it. We are living in a dumbed-down society. This happened over several decades and I cannot help but wonder if this was somebody's political agenda. Maybe dumbed-down people are easier to control? Hmm.. does this sound familiar?

Anyway, I agree with you that the JWs are the equivalent of the dumb-American. Although in their case, they are proud of their ignorance because they think that only WT publications equal real education.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I believe that this JW would immediately suspect that the worldly has visited "apostate" sites. If so, would it be reasonable to expect a similar reaction from all JW's,

-----------------

They may 'suspect' however, if they don't know your personal history inside and out, all you need do is draw suspicion away from that arena and provide some family history that includes the fact that some of your relatives (big family) were JW's so it's reasonable to comprehend your research over the years. No JW will run away from you if you have already had some studying done yourself .....of course the horror stories of what happened to your cousins when they ran into problems with the org provide the basis for 'shared' information and discussion. Your knowledge is a valuable tool when trying to enlighten a JW...theocratic warfare is an acceptable practice. sammieswife.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Stephen Harper by Remy Steinegger.jpg

Who dat?

Sylvia

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

DGP, this is what I got for my hours of research.

Those 2 ex-JWs you know, one was DF'd (no matter what the reason, no matter how faithful) so no wonder she is bitter. The other, the agnostic bio-chemist? Her parents were JW by birth, and name, only, and weak in faith, so no wonder she's blase' about the whole thing.

Those websites are run by apostates and those stats are fixed in most cases. We are the most hated and opressed religion in the world.

You can never totally escape pedophiles. There are weirdos everywhere, and in every religion and every culture, JWs are no different, but I can assure you they wouldn't cover it up like those evil Catholics do.

Research your own evil religion! But, don't research mine on your own, you need the help of my Bible teacher, he will re-direct the conversation, give down right lies, and non-answers to legitimate questions. You cannot learn about JWs from anyone but JWs in good standing.

That Prof of Religion you want to talk to who has no feeling one way or the other about it? He has never LIVED the faith how would he know anything?

If you do seek answers from the ppl in my Hall, you can't go combatively, looking for debate. You must go humbly, seeking answers (i.e. open your mouth, you must eat the bullshit, my love!).

They will not ask me for money after I am baptised, even though they know how much I make a year. They never asked for money like those evil churches do.

They will not make me give up my Harely, the symbol of my identity, because it's flashy, expensive, and looks, and is a symbol, of rebelliousness.

I can't give you any answers about my religion. Here, call my Bible teacher.

If you say they engage "racketeering" activities, call my literature propaganda akin to Hitler, or call it a cult again, I'll either severely limit my contact with you, and I'll send every witness I know to your house!

0_o

There are more dumb-ass, worker bee answers I was given to really basic questions. Those are just some.

• rich5678
    rich5678

confuzzled: some members have been through so much during their experience with the WTS causing them to leave.....not because they are being bitter from being df'd... no one left b/c they wanted to do what they wanted to do. jehovah witnesses still in "good standing" with the congregation did what they wanted to do but it is just that you don't know anything about it and you won't ever know about it....

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

Oh, I know Rich5678, I'm probably more aware of the dirty underbelly of the JWs then my BF who has been exposed to it all of his life. I've rarely posted here, but I've been lurking for almost a year. He has become more "culty" of late though, so I've started responding again and engaging in the discussion here to be closer to like-minded apostates, unbelievers, stumblers, bad associations, and people who are demonized (LOL).

*Raises a glass to all in recovery* much <3 to you all who have been through the fire, not all unscathed, but still for the most part, sane. You guys saved me from making a TERRIBLE choice, making me realize when something smells looks and smells like dogshit, I shouldn't eat it even if someone is telling me it tastes like strawberry ice cream.

• dgp
    dgp

I thank everyone here, too. Were it not for you guys, I would be in by now.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Who dat?

Sylvia..

Dat be our Canadian Pime Minister..

George Bush`s dead Twin Brother..

Hee-Haw Harper..

He died when Geoge Bush gave him a Prostate Exam..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    I thank everyone here, too. Were it not for you guys, I would be in by now.

Worth repeating. Good for you, dgp, and makes this all worthwhile!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit