For born ins- what tipped you off it was wrong

by teela(2) 54 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

Something had felt 'wrong" for a long time but I think the tipping point was finding out - long after I was baptized and a while after I was married - that there was a 'secret elder's manual". That I think was the first real big red flag, I remember thinking, "No. What? That's the kind of thing a cult would have!"

Little did I know the Flock book was downright inocuous compared to the shit they'd been getting away with for decades...

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

wow guys and gals! I was in from 10 and was totaly brain dead!

my kids are born ins so i find it really interesting to see all the different influences at work.

@70, wow mate! And they have the gall to register as a charity!

oz

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I did not buy their flawed reasoning of inconsistent bible verses. I thought I could do better, studied my ass off, found nothing. Specifically:

• The flood and Noah's Ark
    • Jacob tricking Esau and his dad
    • Judah and Tamar getting it on
    • Inheritable sin
    • God not stopping Cain when he killed Abel
    • Animals getting killed in the flood
    • Luke 16 vivid description of suffering in a nonexistent hell, from the greatest teacher that ever lived
    • The memorial of Jesus' death - most time spent explaining why we should NOT partake of the symbols.. compare it with Jesus' example in the bible

These were all issues that bothered me while I was still in. Now I don't believe anything anymore.

• happehanna
    happehanna

Two out of the many things that 'opened my eyes' was the non reasoning, Reasoning Book, what a load of rubbish! and the fact it was needed as most JW's lack reasoning skills.

The on/off light switch that would be downright cruel if operated by God!

I was in during the 1975 fiasco and heard constantly about the end coming then , 'stay alive till 75' was banded about all the time.

Then the generation change in 94 and the non reaction to it by people I respected, they were just brain dead.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aaaah, I've said it before...

Exodus 19: 16-19...

But, I spotted something in "The Finger's" comments that is the PERFECT response to that idiotic JW chant, "Jehovah's organization is perfect, but it's made up of imperfect people..."

Finger said, "...I can put up with a lot of imperfection. But false teaching is different. ..."

That NAILS IT!!! GOOD ONE, Finger!!

I'm going to use that on the next brain-dead JW who whines, "But we're all imperfect..." when confronted with the paedophile coverup, the UN coverup, or doctrinal flip-flops...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit