Help! I'm drowning!

by vinman 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

There's lots of different ways to leave. Plenty have chosen to run for the nearest exit. Instead, if you choose to take your time, no need to worry--it's not like armageddon is coming tomorrow.

Personally, I chose to fade. One sibling faded before me, another after me. I've posted a few threads about the psychology I used. Here's an example: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/254990/exjw-psychology-102-how-ask-question-when-questions-arent-allowed

• jhine
    jhine

Vinman ,

When I read your comment about not being helped - no scriptures etc I thought along the same lines as others .No scripture can help you stay in the WT . Really good suggestions already made .Read the Bible without the "help " of WT material .

As I have never been a JW I cannot help you with the process of coming out , but there are lots of people on here who can . I and others like Faye can help with scriptural matters

Faye. Long ago , in another galaxy , the WT actually promoted worship of Him .Like the theology of Christendom which is now reviled by the org .They also taught that Jesus died on a cross , celebrated Christmas ,took blood and did lots of things that would get you d'fd today .! Jan

• vinman
    vinman
    I know the elders can't help me. The elders know they have nothing to offer. I guess right now, I'm so messed up, that I would think that the elders could put 2 and 2 together and see for themselves that something is messed up here. I would think that they may begin to see that this may not be the truth. I know, wishful thinking. I guess deep down,the comfort I want, is for some of the elders to see that I am not the one with the problem. Yeah right.😕
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Leaving a lifelong religion is like a divorce after decades of marriage.

It sucks to go through it, and you'll probably lose things during the process, but in the end, you'll be healthier (both physically and psychologically) for it.

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Vinman,

Welcome. No way around it, you have some decisions to make. From my own experience the choices are not as ominous as they first appear. Take your time. You'll find there are many good people outside of Wally World, people that will become genuine friends not conditional regarding your personal beliefs. Others will notice as you begin to thrive. Don't be surprised if they follow your example.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

vinman, Sorry to hear what you're going through. Everyone here has been through the emotional pain and confusion of discovering this religion is not what it claims.

That being said, what are you talking about when you refer to "worshipping Jesus"?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Sorry to hear what you're going through. I'm in the same predicament. I'm a little farther along, though. My wife knows how I feel about this religion. We've had a couple of intense discussions about it. So, I know how you're feeling. I'm living it.

I was about to ask the same question as Oubliette. Did you mean "worshipped Jesus" in the past? Because JWs certainly don't do so in the present. Does it bother you that they once gave more credence to Christ than they do now? I wasn't sure what you meant by that.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We are with you vinman.....having been there and done that. Like you I had family that are still "in" , so I did not want to get d/f'd - for their sake. With a son getting a new wife soon , that may be the last thing you need.

Play it patiently. I know it is horrible being in limbo, but it is a stage we have to go through. Drop hints to your wife, insert a few radical thoughts into Family Worship (carefully) . Let the cong. see that you are not the man you were. If you are shepherded (I wasn't) tread carefully , just raising "sincere questions". I found that once your record card is 'inactive' you drop off the radar and they leave you alone.

I hope that your wife is tolerant , that is the key to a peaceful life at home. It is hard for her , she has to get to being a "spiritual widow". Be patient with her.

All the best ...

• jhine
    jhine

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php

No stopping me now! . Just learnt how to move links or whatever the term is . This is a link to , as you can see, jwfacts .

Jan

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

jhine, that's OLD OLD NEWS

I want to know what vinman meant in the OP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit