Looking to meet new friends

by little-butterfly 56 Replies latest jw friends

• little-butterfly
    little-butterfly

Hello my name is Kerri and i was reinstated back into the truth last year after drifting away when i was younger.

Im 28 and live in the Nottinghamshire area and am looking forward to making new friends all over the world.

Hope to hear from some of you soon

Kezx

• fokyc
    fokyc

Kerri or 'little butterfly', welcome to the JWN forum.

You may have landed on the wrong colour flower!

I think you may find many friends here, BUT not the one's which your cong elders may approve of!

You will certainly learn a great deal if you stay.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Umm, are you now a Witness?

And…. I don’t want to scare you, but there are a lot of ex-JWs and “apostates” who post on this board so if that bothers you….. I’m just letting you know.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to JWN, little-butterfly/Kerri! I am not a JW but my Dad is an MS. I live in Canada. May I ask why you decided to become reinstated after not attending for a while?

• looloo
    looloo

hi kerri , i live a couple of hours away from you , i once studied with jehovahs witnesses but many things put me off including my eldest child being raped by a man i met at the hall who i thought was my friend .(she was 13 ) if only he had been reported to the police instead of the elders years earlier , i would never have met him ! i trust nobody now . coming on here and talking to others who have had the same problems has really helped me though . welcome x there are some lovely people on here x

• yknot
    yknot

I am an active JW!

It is true that this is a 'discussion board' so there is a wide variety of persons who post (JWs, studies, interested ones and yes some ExJws, people who are either friends or relatvies of studies, etc)

This site also offers a weath of knowledge as we have current and former Elders, pioneers, bethelites, a few gilead grads, Ex COs ....... If you ever need an older publication for reference (in spirit of Sept 2007 KM Question Box) all you have to do is ask! Most of us have near complete theocratic libraries too all the way back to 1874!

How was yall's Memorial! Our attendance was not so good but that is to be expected when sharing a congregation and having the late slot (9:15-10:15pm)

Just think! May is only a month away..... ahhh the start of a new District Convention season!

• little-butterfly
    little-butterfly

umm ok,

Im fairly open minded and im sure any site suggesting to be a JW forum has people for and against the religion.

I drifted away when i was 17 and then when i was 21 i was disfellowshiped after i didnt turn up to an elders meeting to decide whether i could remain inactive. Apparelty they had to disfellowship me as an example. It was scary and not very nice, But the truth always stays in your heart.

I came out of a 6 year relationship and i just realised that whoever i date in the world will never work as when your brought up in the truth, you have different morals and ideas. Also i had meningitus and nearly died and i just realised that my heart has always been with jehovah and i had to 'come home' so to speak.

looloo, i know there are things that have happened in the religion that shouldnt off. When i was 14 a brother in the congregating tried to.... well sexually assaulted me. I told my parents who told the elders and he was reproved. That was that. I know now that the police should have been involved and i also have a daughter who is 5. I just think that i have the hope and belief in jehovah and that as a strong independent women/mother as long as im aware of all aspects of the religion that i can develop a good relationship with jehovah.

I know it all seems very complicated and i expect some critisism , but i feel so happy to be back and to be changing my life for the better.

kezx

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome Little-butterfly!!!

Love the name. I hope you stay a while get to know some of us.

• yknot
    yknot

So you have been gone for awhile.....

Are you up to date on all the changes since 2007?

The board generally is ahead on publication reading (most have read June and are eagerly awaiting July) via www.jw.org PDFs of the WT-SE

.....oh another cool feature of this site is getting material early!

..........and copies of BOE LTRs, talk outlines and other 'early-bird updates.......

So make a point to check back to download copies of any DC releases! Also a new 'Pay Attention To Yourselves and All the Flock' is finally be ingreleased at the end of this year (long time coming consider the publication is from 1991)

I hope we get an updated Reasoning book too ! I am a bit gobsmacked we would still be using a publication that is three times removed from the current 'generations' teaching!

• looloo
    looloo

oh dear kerri , i so sorry about what happened to you age 14 , but it made me cringe that they just reprooved the perp for that crime and did not call the police , as that is exactly what happened in my area back in the early 1990s and the 14 year old girl was moved congregations (not the abuser) fast forward 20 years and my daughters horrific abuse came out (4 years after it happened) and the perp was the same guy who had been reprooved years earlier ! in court we find out that after his reproof he went on to rape another friends daughter age 13 till she was 18 and he also was abusing another girl at the same time while he was an acting min servant , after he got disfellowshipped for an affair he raped my daughter for 9 months !al victims saw him as a father figure and he messesd up a lot of minds , i can assure you that your abuser will have carried on abusing as they never stop , and by the way the 14 year old he got reprooved for admitted to the police age 31 that he had actually abused her from the age of 11 to 14 but she hadnt dare tell the elders ! if all that had come out years earlier to the police then my poor girl would not be a self harming bulimic who suffers post traumatic stress disorder and depression . all crimes should be reported to the police fullstop but religions just dont want bad publicity so they dont do it and cause many more victims . i know the elders were horrified when they realised what the man who they reprooved instead of called the police to had almost straight away started abusing again right under their noses but not one person apologised to my daughter . im sure if you found out that your abuser had gone on to abuse again many times you would regret not involving the police and its not too late either and you might be suprised what else came out about him , mention it to your elders and i bet they wont encourage it "bringing reproach on jehovahs name " but in actual fact its saving another child from abuse . i wish someone had been as brave as my daughter was years before she was abused and she would not have been raped by the "nice " man i thought was my friend . god is still god you know you dnt need to be in that relgion to love god because i do .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit